Need help swollen ears 1st stretch

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by hearyounow » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Ok so I got my ears stretched two days ago for the first time. I went to a tattoo shop that had a piercer. I mistakenly trusted whatever he said and I think it's biting me now. I went from just a nothing, standard hole that I have had for at least 15 years to a 10g. He had a very hard time getting the taper all the way through and then the plug in the hole. I think it was too big, I think a 12g would have been much easier. Ok so it didn't bleed but it did feel very hot and painful afterward. Now two days later the lobes are still very swollen. The left much more than the right. He used plugs instead of rings and with the swelling my left plug is at capacity, it is out of room from the swelling...as far as length. I could kick myself for just trusting this guy without researching first but at this point what should I do? They aren't bleeding or anything like that but they are painful to touch and very swollen. Should I go get some 12g rings and put those in? Should I just take these out? Should I wait and see if they heal? Any help would be much appreciated. I want to go to at least a 00 and I have no problem taking the time and doing it right, I just made an error in judgment that I think I am paying for now.
hearyounow

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:05 pm

i would say downsize to either a 12 or 14g and baby your ears for a few months. or even go back to a regular post earring and wait til they heal. do vitamin e oil massages once your ears feel ok enough to touch. and you should always do your own stretching, and stretch one size at a time without skipping any sizes, and leave time in between stretches to let your ears heal properly.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Hardware » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:46 am

I would soak them in a sea salt mixture and see how that goes, otherwise going to 12G would not be a bad idea. You could also try using pain relievers like ibuprofen to bring down swelling.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 am

You should definitely downsize, maybe to about a 16G-14G. Rings aren't the best choice, though, since they can move around too much and irritate healing tissue. Your best bet is some labret studs, straight barbells, or single-flare plugs (you can find tiny plugs on bodyartforms.com). Sea salt soaks will help with the healing, and you should wait a couple of months before you try stretching them again. Some piercers give really terrible advice about stretching so you have to watch out and be careful about who you trust. The best thing to do is just do it yourself; stretching should never hurt but a piercer can't feel your pain. Doing it yourself will allow you to listen to your body. Also, go one size at a time!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching