UK Member Initial Piercing Question.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Drrob » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:56 pm

This is the UK Magalo ! Everything costs much more than in the US.
Tell us about it !

:(
Drrob

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:54 pm

$90 sounds a bit high still if you're providing jewelry that you bought but if you can get cheap-ish jewelry it's a lot better than $200! Just make sure they autoclave it.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Drrob wrote:This is the UK Magalo ! Everything costs much more than in the US.
Tell us about it !

:(

Yes I know, I've been experiencing this lately while shopping on the internet on UK site. Simple coton t-shirt cost like 40-50$ minimum ? What the hell, its 15-20$ here and they cost like, 5$ to produce.

Anyway, I can't stop saying that this is sooooo expensive. Maybe you should buy the needles (already sterilized) and do it. Its only the lobes after all, nothing complicated and almost painless. At least this is what I'll do if I was you !
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Hardware » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:41 am

......please don't do it yourself.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by Drrob » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Hardware - I have no intention of trying to do it myself the main reason I can be a little squeemish and I would rather a professional did this too.

What is the difference between internally threaded tunnels and external ones?

Or is it easier just to get a single flared tunnel fitted initially then play around with different types after a period of healing has taken place??

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week :)

Regards
Dr Rob
Drrob

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 pm

The internally threaded and externally threaded tunnels are just basically opposites of one another. The way they screw on is different.

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... 859257.cfm

^ Internal - The inside of the tunnel has the threads which are actually hidden so it won't rip you're ear off as much when you put it in a fresh stretch.

http://www.amazon.com/Threaded-Flesh-Tu ... B003WLUQJE

^ External the bit on the end of the tunnel has the threads on it which you have to put through you're ear which doesnt go so smoothly on a fresh stretch sometimes. Then the bit which screws on is small which can be hard to put on. If you just look at the bits that screw on to the tunnel you will probably be able to tell the difference.

I hope i helped i can be crap at explaining stuff "/.
HiMyNameIsMegan

by Drrob » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks Megan,

I bought some from Alterdrome through Ebay (Only cost £3.99 for a Titanium pair) and they are externally threaded so I may get my piercer to put the single flared tunnel in as my first tunnel.
He said he is happy to pierce a 6 gauge needle piercing and autoclave the tunnels I bought.
I was wearing magnetic fake gauges to see how my ears looked with them and they have irritated my ears causing a scab and a little bit of bleeding, the back of my ear has now healed but the front still has a small scab - do you think my piercer will refuse to pierce the ears before this has totally gone? As I was hoping to get them done on Friday.
** Birthday Present to myself **

May I recommend Alterdrome for body jewellery as they are very reasonable and have a good selection, Laura there is excellent and can advise people on things too.

Regards
Dr Rob
:)
Drrob

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 pm

I don't think he will pierce on the scab on you're ear incase it causes further infection :(. But if its a little further away from the place you're getting pierced I don't think he would mind really. You can only find out ^.^.
HiMyNameIsMegan

by magalo le matelot » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:59 pm

If they cost you 4$ they're not titanium, probably steel. Titanium is really expensive. (my bf buyed 80$ a titanium 0g pair when he was at this size).
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:42 pm

They might be since they're from eBay and they're externally-threaded... that stuff is usually pretty cheap. For example I was going to get a new barbell for my VCH and saw an externally-threaded ti one for $6.99 or so but the internally-threaded ones are like $27. They're definitely worth over $4 if they're titanium though.

I just wouldn't recommend externally-threaded jewelry for a fresh piercing, at all. If it was me I'd get these (they have more colors available): http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 7&index=14 ...cheaper than titanium but just as good for a fresh piercing, if not better because they won't get as smelly.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to New To Stretching