UK Member Initial Piercing Question.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Drrob » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:39 am

Good Day Everyone,

I am Rob from the UK (Somerset) and I want to get into ear stretching but would like some advice and suggestions.
Firstly I am 38 Years old - is that too old ?
I have been told I am having my mid-life crisis ! lol

Secondly I want to have my lobes needle pierced with a 6g / 4mm needle is this advisable?
There is a place in our county town of Taunton called Accupierce and they charge £100.00 GBP / About $200.00 to have this done which includes the initial Titanium tunnels (Both Ears).
Is this quite expensive or an average cost and can any one offer any other stores that can pierce a 6g initial Piercing?

I look forward to your replies.
Kind Regards
Dr Rob.
Drrob

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Firstly: nope! and while you maybe be in fact having a mid-life crisis, at least you're not out buying a Porsche >.>

Secondly: WOAH. my friend got her's pierced at a reputable place for like $45. I didnt get mine at a piercing shop, but others have and might reply, but to me that seems like waaaaay too much.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by magalo le matelot » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Titanium tunnel can cost up to 100$ (at 00g) so even if they are expensive, this is quite too much ! He's a robber.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm from the Uk too thats a bit too much you could get you're ears dermal punched for less at a bigger size ^.^
HiMyNameIsMegan

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:21 pm

^ Dermal punches aren't for lobes. I mean, some people do it, but it's a horrible idea when you can just get pierced at that size. Piercing needles don't remove any tissue, but dermal punches take away tissue that you'll need when stretching. They're for cartilage and other areas that are really difficult to stretch, and if you get punched it should be around your goal size.

Anyway, yes, that's a rip-off! With piercings, you should usually avoid the cheapest places but you should also be aware that some studios will charge way too much for simple things. Not a lot of people get 6G lobe piercings so they probably think they can get you to pay more because you don't have anything to compare it to. I got my lobes pierced at 10G at a wonderful piercer and it was $60 including titanium CBRs.

What I would do if I were you is ask around at some different studies and compare prices. If they all charge something outrageous because of the jewelry, ask them about bringing in your own jewelry. I'd highly recommend single-flare glass colorfront plugs, found on bodyartforms.com, steelnavel.com, and glasswearstudios.com. They're cheaper than titanium and glass is an excellent material for fresh piercings. When I had my lobes pierced I changed them to these after like four weeks because the rings were prolonging healing and it helped a LOT. I've also used them at every size to stretch with. If they'll let you do that, they can autoclave them, pierce you with them, and it'll probably be a lot cheaper.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 am

I wasn't saying that's what he should get but i was just saying it's that overpriced someone could punch a hole out of his skin for cheaper.
HiMyNameIsMegan

by StrickyCub » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 am

It does sound like a rip off to me. Even with the titanium jewellery.
You should shop around and see if you can find another place to do it cheaper. Even if it costs you a bit in petrol for travel time, it's worth it.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by Drrob » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Thank you for all your thoughts, I have today found someone local who can do me a 6 gauge/4mm ear lobe needle piercing for £45 GBP / $90 for both ears and I can even supply my own Ebay purchased jewellery.
I Have another quick question, what would be best as a first a single flared black titanium tunnel or a screw tunnel - also in black titanium??

Regards
Dr Rob :)
Drrob

by StrickyCub » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Either will be fine to use, as long as the screw plug is internally threaded and not externally threaded (the threading can tear the skin going through a fresh stretch/piercing).

~Zack
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by magalo le matelot » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:23 pm

90$ just for the hole ? These needles cost 3-4$ on internet.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

Next

Return to New To Stretching