UK Member Initial Piercing Question.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Slags » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:47 am

I really need to get a pair of those. Every one says that they are great for fresh stretches. Dr. Rob, that is also a really great site to order from. Their shipping is ridiculously fast in the States, and my orders are always correct.

Also, no one is too old to start stretching. Although, even at 24 I had my reservations, but I just said screw it. Ha ha.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you have your doctorate in?

Good luck on your stretching/piercing!!
18g Tragus
6g Lobes
2g Goal Size
3 tattoos
You don't work you don't eat. You don't grind you don't shine.
Slags

by Drrob » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 am

Hi Slags,

Yes I agree they seem to be a great company to deal with keenly priced and an efficient service.
I ordered 2 pairs - screw back ones and normal single flared both were marked titanium but I think neither are titanium as they are magnetic - the screw is ones are not that magnetic so may have more titanium in them - as titanium is non magnetic.

I have a doctorate in clinical psychology - Still fancy being a doctor - but maybe the gauges and tunnels will not be allowed in that sort of environment. :(

Regards
Dr Rob
Drrob

by twosharks » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 am

Since titanium can't be anodized black, black jewelry might be plated with another metal that can be made black, or color coated with pigment, so that might explain it being magnetic.

If they're not black then they're probably just cheaper titanium alloys than a brand name manufacturer would use. If you're looking to spend some money on titanium that's really worth the price, buy Anatometal.

As for stretched lobes not being welcome in a clinical psych environment, someone's got to blaze the trail! Body mods won't be accepted in certain professions until someone excels in that profession to a degree that people overlooked their tattoos or stretched lobes or whatever. And an almost middle aged gentlemen like yourself automatically gets more credit than someone 10 or 15 years younger, so it seems stretching your lobes would be less of a disadvantage at your age.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by Drrob » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 am

Very well said Two Sharks, I had though that myself.
With regards to the tunnels I bought as long as my piercer agrees that they are either like you said painted black with a titanium coating or surgical steel I hope they will be ok for my initial piercing.
I am sure I have problematical ears anyway as I bought some magnetic fake gauges and wore them for a few days and they caused my ears to scab a little and bleed, I wore them to see how I would look and got a few people say it looks like you have had them for years, but removed them as it may have just been the pressure that caused the damage.
They are now healed so time to have the done for real - blaze the trail ! lol

Regards
Dr Rob.
:)
Have a great weekend everyone.
Drrob

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 pm

My Grandad is heavily tattooed and a psychologist he really enjoys showing them off too. People didn't accept him much when he actually revealed how much work he had done. I suppose people just feel the need to judge. My mums lawyer is also a very tattooed biker with extremely long hair and beard when she was in court the judge told him to put his hair up its kinda disrespectful. I suppose it could be anything people judge you on or find "weird".
HiMyNameIsMegan

Previous

Return to New To Stretching