dead stretching...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by tychi_kitty » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:15 am

...is it bad to dead stretch?
i dead stretched for the first time today and it went fine--actually alot easier than tapering didnt hurt at all---but i was researching "dead stretching" online and saw a lot of mixed reviews on it...but whats the true story?!?!? haha

tychi_kitty

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 am

It's not bad at all if your ears are ready. I did it for 2G and 1G, and I plan on doing it for 0G.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hardware » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:17 am

Yeah, Corazon does the dead stretch method and it's totally a fine way to stretch when you are patient and taking your time (as you should with stretching anyway).
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by twosharks » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:34 am

It's not bad when you listen to your body. Body says it hurts, then stop doing that. Body says your old jewelry is falling out and new jewelry fits easily? Then don't worry. As long as nothing is forced and everything feels great, then it wasn't a bad idea.

I kind of prefer dead stretching, since it forces me to stay at a size for years. Tapering is a big to do, taping even more so. Dead stretching means you remember you have this jewelry every six months, you lube it and try it out, and then forget about it for another six months. I don't recommend it generally, since most people aren't are patient (i.e. forgetful and lazy) as I am.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

Return to New To Stretching