first gauge

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by cremar123 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:35 am

hey everyone

i am going to pierce my ear for the first time (with a professional of course) at a 6g. :| i am a little nervous and dont know what to expect. is there going to be a huge amount of swelling and pain? how long will the swelling last?
cremar123

by Oceano » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:31 pm

wow, thats a pretty size gauge to get pierced at. are you sure its not a dermal punch? i dont think most people could tell you, because most people get their ears pierced at 16/18 and then start stretching
Oceano

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 pm

^ 6G piercings are fine... dermal punching lobes is a bad idea because it removes tissue that you'll need later!

I was pierced at 10G which is a bit smaller, but I guess the experience will be similar. Didn't hurt too bad; the left side hurt way more but I'm always like that, and there was a lot of blood. They got reeeeally crusty during healing, and I had them done with rings but ended up having to change them to plugs after 4-5 weeks. I don't really remember any swelling; lobes aren't big swellers normally so it probably won't be anything super noticeable.

Most people think a large-gauge piercing causes a way longer healing time, but it really doesn't. Your body will work harder to heal it and it should only take about 8-12 weeks. If you're planning on stretching, wait 5-6 months before you do.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by raven_bm » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:07 am

I got my ear pierced at 10g to, i found it hurt more when they where pulling the needle through if i remember correctly.
When they pierced my right ear you could actual hear it crunch a bit, that was pretty gross, it also bled a little bit.

Mine didn't get that crustie at all.

Piercings can be a pretty individual thing, so someone might bleed all over the place, get all crustie and swell up yet another person might go through it totally fine. It still depends a lot on the way you take care of it tho.

I had mine done with some screw on tunnels which was a bad idea only because they're a pain in the ass to take out, other then that they're fine, rings deal with swelling more but iv heard they take longer to heal cause they move so much.
I've seen a lot of bailouts in my life,
But why is it I never see a bailout
For the homeless and the poor?

- Anti-Flag (The Economy is Suffering...Let It Die)
raven_bm

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:40 am

^ Yep, rings do take longer to heal and I'd never recommend them for any type of piercing. It was all my piercer had in stock; I should've gone for 8G since she had some eyelets in that size. I'd recommend some single-flare plugs or tunnels with no external threading... externally-threaded jewelry can tear skin on its way in/out.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by cremar123 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Well, I went over to the place where I was supposed to get my gauge, but turns out they don't have anything in stock larger than 13g so I need to buy my own plug first and take it to them. Are organic plugs okay? Those stone/bone ones are pretty prime
cremar123

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Nah, those aren't suitable for a fresh piercing. Go for glass, titanium, or steel if you don't have a nickel allergy.
I'd recommend something like any of these: http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 96&index=1

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 60&index=2

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 77&index=1 (they have more colors available)

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 89&index=4
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Ex-05 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:48 pm

cremar123 wrote:Well, I went over to the place where I was supposed to get my gauge, but turns out they don't have anything in stock larger than 13g so I need to buy my own plug first and take it to them. Are organic plugs okay? Those stone/bone ones are pretty prime

Not sure if you ended up doing it or not - I just got mine done at 6G a couple of days ago so I figured I'd share.

Be prepared for the second hole to drain you more than the first as you run out of adrenaline & endorphins from dealing with the first.

Didn't bleed at all while I got it done, there were small traces of blood over the past couple of days and a small amount of lymph but that's it. It's still a bit sore but haven't had any major problems other than attempting to sleep on my back instead of my side to avoid pressure/stress on the ears.

Wearing SF bulletholes from GG, exactly the same ones that Corazon recommended - http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 96&index=1

If you plan on stretching, I'd say save some money and invest in jewelry at your goal size rather than spend a fortune on it now. Pick a pair of plugs/tunnels that you're okay with and just let it be.

ALSO, make sure they are PIERCING you at 6G (or usually its 8G pierce stretch to 6G) and not derma punching you at 6G. Some places will say they will pierce you at 6G when they're really punching unless you specify you don't want to be punched. Those are the places you want to avoid....

Hope it helps.
Ex-05

Return to New To Stretching