stretching problems

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by killian » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:57 pm

i got my ears pierced for the first time about 6-7 weeks ago now and i tried to stretch for the first time the other day ... my friend gave me a gauge about 3 3.5 mils he said i'm not totally sure but i put it in anyways and all was goin well until i took the gauge out and it started bleedin i'm told it's not supposed to bleed is my ear piercing not fully healed or should i keep tryin with it ?
killian

by shellbournian » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 pm

patience, patience, patience! if your ears are bleeding, you're doing it wrong. people need a little more information to help you, though. what gauge were you pierced at? was it with a gun or needle?

salt water solutions (like h20cean, or you can just make your own) are great, as well as emu oil to speed up healing.
Current: 1/2" lobes
Retired: 14g industrial (left), 10g second holes, 16g rim (left)
shellbournian

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:57 pm

3.5mm is equivalent to a size 8g, and standard ear piercings are 18g, or 1.0mm. That means you stretched over 3x the size you're supposed to. Id say let your ears heal up and start again with the proper size. And remember to do sea salt soaks and massage to help break down the scar tissue from any damage and the piercing itself.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

Return to New To Stretching