okay, so im thinkin of gettin....

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by twosharks » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:52 pm

If you're going to a pro anyway, why not just get repierced at your goal size?
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:50 pm

what twosharks said. some piercers might go up to a 10g
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by tychi_kitty » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 am

twosharks wrote:If you're going to a pro anyway, why not just get repierced at your goal size?

well i already got them stretched to a 12g soo
haha
and i didnt think i could get them repierced to 10g..isnt the same as stretching if im putting a bigger gauge in the same hole?? im confused ha :roll:
tychi_kitty

by twosharks » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:20 pm

No it's repiercing it. In my area, almost any piercer would be willing to pierce up to 8g, and if you have the space for it, a really good piercer can easily pierce you larger. I've watched someone get a 0g tongue piercing. Kinda gross actually, the needle made me feel faint.

It's not the same, because you aren't stretching. You're slicing the existing hole wide, so it will take the same amount of time to heal as your previous piercing. The advantages of it are no waiting to get to a goal size, having it be sterile, and less scar tissue since cut tissue won't scar like stretched tissue will. If you're only going to 10g and you're one size away from it, it may not be the best choice. But for impatient people, it's almost always a better one.
twosharks

by Nic » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:34 pm

Well if the taper went in easily and isnt too tight, then u might be able to slide in the nxt size in 2 weeks. Just like u said dont force it, if it hurts dont do it
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by tychi_kitty » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:47 am

Nic wrote:Well if the taper went in easily and isnt too tight, then u might be able to slide in the nxt size in 2 weeks. Just like u said dont force it, if it hurts dont do it

yeah i thought the same thing Nic--ha ;)
but yeah i ll def take it slow--what are some ways to tell if ur lobes are ready for the next size again? i read it somewhere about twisting the plug or something like that to see if its loose...hmmm

thanks guys! :P
tychi_kitty

by twosharks » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:51 am

When a taper slides all the way through to the end without pain or resistance. After waiting the minimum appropriate time, you just check and see if it works. If not, you wait longer. If you pull down on your jewelry and see space, you're probably ok to attempt to stretch. Or if your jewelry is falling out, if you can easily wear double flares, and if you can leave them naked for hours without them being tight later, then you are probably ready.
twosharks

by LDR » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks twosharks, that is great advice.
LDR

Previous

Return to New To Stretching