okay, so im thinkin of gettin....

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by tychi_kitty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 am

..it done by a professional piercer my first time!
I got my lobes pierced when i was like 6mnths old (24 now) and pretty damn sure it was with a gun!
so my holes do look a little big for normal after soo many years of wear and tear with big earrings and heavy "ornaments"!
So im wondering if i go to a VERY professional piercer (who has done stretching for over 10yrs), and get them "skip-stretched" from 18-16g to a 12-10g..would it be big complications?

what if i leave them in for 2mnths and clean them religiously til my next stretch?
i have an appointment tmrw soo just need some quick opinions/advice...

thanks guys--im new to everything, so be gentle on me! ha
:lol:
tychi_kitty

by magalo le matelot » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:49 am

I don't think a good piercer that know everything about stretching would do that.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:59 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:I don't think a good piercer that know everything about stretching would do that.

+1
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by tychi_kitty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:39 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:I don't think a good piercer that know everything about stretching would do that.

hmm yeah but shes seeing how far my earlobe will stretch without bleeding/pain/tightness!!
and im hoping its 12g at least--my earlobe has been thru alot and the hole looks pretty big--ha
tychi_kitty

by tychi_kitty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:40 pm

tychi_kitty wrote:

hmm yeah but shes seeing how far my earlobe will stretch without bleeding/pain/tightness!!
and im hoping its 12g at least--my earlobe has been thru alot and the hole looks pretty big--ha

okay never mind, just got them done-they were originally at 14g already and got them down to 12g!! yaay!
it was pretty easy to slide right in, do u think in 2 weeks i could get to 10g?????
tychi_kitty

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:06 am

really you should wait like 4-6 weeks, to keep your ears healthy. if you stretch too fast you run the risk of getting a blowout or infection. and you want pretty ears, right? :)
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by tychi_kitty » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:55 am

TheGreyEyedMonster wrote:really you should wait like 4-6 weeks, to keep your ears healthy. if you stretch too fast you run the risk of getting a blowout or infection. and you want pretty ears, right? :)

ooo! okay thanksss!!! ^_^
tychi_kitty

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Why are you in such a hurry? Go one size at a time, leaving 6-8+ weeks between sizes. And be careful about getting stretched by piercers... honestly I wouldn't trust any piercer's advice unless they're a member of the APP. A lot of them give HORRIBLE advice. Plus, even if they do know what they're talking about, having them do it still isn't a good idea. They can't feel your pain, so you don't have the advantage of being able to stop when it starts to hurt. I guess you could tell them to stop, but it might be too late and it's just much better to do it yourself so you can listen to your body.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by tychi_kitty » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:23 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Why are you in such a hurry? Go one size at a time, leaving 6-8+ weeks between sizes. And be careful about getting stretched by piercers... honestly I wouldn't trust any piercer's advice unless they're a member of the APP. A lot of them give HORRIBLE advice. Plus, even if they do know what they're talking about, having them do it still isn't a good idea. They can't feel your pain, so you don't have the advantage of being able to stop when it starts to hurt. I guess you could tell them to stop, but it might be too late and it's just much better to do it yourself so you can listen to your body.

well thanks for the concern, ha but the piercer already did it..and yes the shop is part of the APP. And she was very good at what she did-she did it slowly and asked me to stop her whenever it started to get tight--she never forced it!
but i am already stretched at 12g from 14g and its doing really good after one day-not sore or swollen or red! so thats why i asked if i could TRY maybe doing 10g in 2weeks or earlier-but i would never force it too soon! def not!!

Thanks though! :-)
tychi_kitty

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Ohh, I missed the part where you said you were at 14G before, sorry. I was thinking she stretched you from like 18G to 12G. Nothing wrong with that, then! I still don't think I'd get stretched by any piercer but as long as you let them know if you're feeling any pain it should be fine. Definitely wait WAY more than 2 weeks before going up a size, though.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to New To Stretching