Getting Started

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by faecrisis » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey everyone!

I want to gauge my ears and I want to know what size is a safe place to start? I'm assuming I'm a 20g right now, how important are the first ones? Do I have to go through 18g or can I maybe skip right to 16?
I have a pair of 14g I bought because they were so beautiful I had to have them, and I really just want to wear them as soon is safe.

Thanks for the help in advance.
-Fae
faecrisis

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:54 pm

its really hard to say exactly how large your ears are. i would suggest starting at an 18g and if it goes through without a problem than go on to the 16g. the first stretches are very important because even though you are not increasing by a lot it is still double the previous size of the fistula (the inside of the piercing). if you stretch too fast and get scar tissue in the beginning it may be harder to stretch to a larger size later on and also pose a problem if you plan on downsizing at a later date.

remember that 6 weeks is the recommended time to wait in between stretches, and you may have to wait longer if it is not completely healed in that time. also, just because the outside of the piercing is healed and it isnt sore, the fistula may not be ready to stretch up again and it need time to heal completely and build up strength for the next stretch.

sorry if this seems like total word vomit, but it is important to do a lot of research to make sure no one is giving you bad advice. there are lots of guides both here and elsewhere on the internet if you have any questions, and there are several people who are very knowledgeable about ear stretching and would be glad to give you advice and answer any questions you may have.

welcome to the forum!! :D
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by chuckem90 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:28 am

Just do it in numerical order ie: 20-18-16-14..... because when I first got my ears pierced I waited 5 weeks to take the earring out and place in a 16 (I was pierced at a 20) and when I put the 16 in my ear still bled enough for me to question if I had done something wrong. And I just started stretching not to long ago so I know how impatient it can make you haha!
chuckem90

Return to New To Stretching