swollen ear lobes! help!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by himynameischase » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm

ok so ive been gauging for about a month i had 16s than 3 days later went to 12s, everything was cool. 3 days later i put in 10s and that healed pretty quick, than i lost one of my 10 gauges so i just kept switching for a day or 2 than yesterday i skipped 8s and went straight 6's my left ear is healing and is doing ok and my right ear hurts, and is swollen as anything, dont tell me to down size cause i dont have the other sizes anymore. so just tell me what i can do to clean my ears well and help them heal, thank you :)

8-)
himynameischase

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 pm

you are stretching way too fast!!! you should wait about 4-6 weeks in between stretches to not only let the inside heal but also strengthen it. you also should NEVER skip sizes. it may seem hard to be patient but that can cause rips, irritation, bleeding, blowouts, catbutt, and a lot of pain! you're ears will be better off in the long run if you stretch slowly and properly.

i would recommend downsizing if you can but if not do sea salt soaks (non-iodized salt, don't use regular table salt!) once or twice a day until it heals, then do oil massages (some choices are olive oil, joboba oil, emu oil, vitamin e oil). and PLEASE, wait a while before attempting to stretch more. you're ears are only swollen right now but if you keep on doing this it might end up a lot worse!
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Hardware » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:24 am

Agreed! Stop trying to go any bigger and let them heal! 8G to 6G alone requires 3-6 months to heal. I would downsize to 8G (find a way. If you don't have jewelry. Buy some!) and let your ears fully heal. Sea salt soaks will also help you a lot right now.
Please read the Ear Stretching Guide-Everything You Need to Know (the Read First thread) as well as the other topics on this site. You really need to learn more about what you are doing to your body first before you continue with anymore stretching. I'm not trying to be a bitch, I am just brutally honest.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by Keep it funky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:35 am

I can actually stretch up again after a week, but i heal fast and usually wait 2 weeks just to be safe. you just have to know when your ready, you should be able to feel it. but i had a similar thing when i stretched to a 6, i had 6 plugs but no tapers, so i took my 4 tapers shoved em half way though and shoved in the 6s, horrible idea, the back was waaaaaaay too small and i ripped it, they where all leaky and swollen, just wait a week or 2 then the should be better then make sure they're healed wait a while before you stretch again
Keep it funky

Return to New To Stretching