Advice? :)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by NikkyNak » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:56 pm

I got my ears pierced at Ardenes (I know, bad start) with a gun a week ago. So I've got 18G holes right now. Because it was Ardenes, the studs look like shit. :lol: I have some 16G ones that would look way better, but I obviously don't want to mess the piercing up. The piercing seems to be healing nicely, no scar tissue or anything.

I plan to go to about a 6G, so I want to start stretching when its time, but I wanted to know when I could go to the 16G and keep it there until it would be adequate time to go bigger.

Thanks for any help. :)
NikkyNak

by magalo le matelot » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:33 pm

4-8 weeks is the time you have to wait between each stretchs, but after being pierced you have to wait a couple of months. (3-6)
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:16 am

Sometimes the studs they pierce you with are 16G... they're usually quite a bit thicker than the fashion ones you buy.
If the studs are definitely 18G, you should wait about 4-6 months before going to 16G, or just when you can do it with no pain or resistance. After that, 6+ weeks is a good amount of time to wait between stretches.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hybrid » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Just wait until you can put the 16g in without any pain or resistance really. I definately wouldn't advise changing jewelry til about 4-6 weeks though. I had to change after 8 days because the post on the earring was to small... Took it out for about 1 minute and slid the new one through, already started to close up. Fortunately for me I'm at a 16g now because after the swelling went down, my 18g earrings were loose. Listen to your body!!!
Hybrid

Return to New To Stretching