Flesh tunnels after a new stretch?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by bradders55 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 pm

is it okay to use put in a surgical steel flesh tunnel after a new stretch instead of a plug?
-Scaffolding, helix x2, 4g lobee left eaar-
bradders55

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Is it a screw-on tunnel with threading? If so, I'd avoid it for about a week, or longer if your stretch is sore or anything like that. Threading can tear skin, which is why internally-threaded jewelry is better than externally-threaded in any piercing. It should only be worn in extremely well-healed piercings.

I've used these to stretch with before: http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... 41&index=5 ...They're pretty good but a little tricky to get in because they're not rounded. I strongly prefer stretching with rounded plugs.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradders55 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:51 am

No it's single flared with an o-ring in the back.. that cool?
-Scaffolding, helix x2, 4g lobee left eaar-
bradders55

by Hardware » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 am

The single flare should be more than fine. Just make sure your ear has some space and that the O-ring is not tight against the back of your ear. The ear needs to breathe and needs room so it can be easily cleaned, so if it is too tight the O-ring and irritate it... worst case (somewhat rare) scenario, the O-ring can get engulfed by the ear.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

Return to New To Stretching