About to stretch for the first time..?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by bradders55 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Okaay, so i wanna start stretching my ears. I got them pierced about 2 months and 3 weeks ago. They were pierced at 18g, but after 4 weeks i started changing my earrings comfortably. I actually bought these like fake plugs, which i later found out were actually 16g, but i managed to get them in. I bought a 14g taper, and plug - i know everyone says it wont make much difference or that i could probably skip to like 12/10g? but i dont wanna risk it, and im in no rush tbh, but i'd like to start as soon as possible. Do you think it'd be wise to wait a bit longer to start stretching? i know i havent had pierced ears for long, but they seem to be completely healed, i dont feel a thing whilst changing, and i guess technically i've stretced them the teeniest bit already. ?
bradders55

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:13 pm

It's really best to wait AT LEAST four months (I waited six, my ears weren't ready after 4-5) before you stretch. And if you're at 16G, go to 14G before 12 or 10. Skipping sizes isn't okay even at smaller sizes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hybrid » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:52 am

What ^^she^^ said. I'm at 16g after only two months, I wore really huge, heavy studs in my ears after the first month or so and the 16g went in for no problem for me too. I would say wait at least another 5-6 weeks before even trying to use the taper. I would personally wait another 2-3 months. Then wait about 2-8weeks in between sizes after that. Your ears may feel totally healed, but they need time to strengthen up. If you buy some vitamin E oil, or jojoba oil, youcan massage your lobes to help get them ready to stretch.
Hybrid

Return to New To Stretching