Quick Question

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Grywuff » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi! I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby. I started to wear fake plugs which I believe my ears are now 16 g (but I want the real thing now). Everything I've read had said to stretch gradually and to use steel instead of organics because of infections. I would like to start off at 14g (What gauge can I start off with?). How does it work? Do you put the taper through then put the flesh tunnel in(i read somewhere that thoes are better to use while healing)? What is the process? What do you recommend?
Thanks!!
Grywuff

by Nic » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:11 pm

lol awesum =D. If u are at 16g then u should stretch using a 14g taper. U should use a water based lube or whatever u have, vaseline if u dont have an allergy towards it. I would recomend jojoba oil as a lube an to massage ur lobes after they heal. Jojoba oil helps encourage lobe elasticity and fattening of lobes. To stretch with tapers u just lube up the taper and ur ear and push it gently thru ur ear. If it doesnt go thru dont force it. A mild burning is all u should feel. Pain is not normal. A gud way to stretch is right after a shower. I personally used to taper while in the shower an it helped alot. After u get the taper thru, line up the tunnel or plug behind the taper and then push thru to the plug. Plugs are ideal for every size but at the baby sizes its forgivable to wear tapers instead of wasting money. Always wait until ur ears are healed to stretch again, for me it was only a week before they were healed. Most people like to wait at least a month between every stretch an i would recomend u do to until ur more familiar with ur earlobe elasticity. Once u get to 0g i would recomend taping over tapering. Taping is when u add a layer or so of tape to ur plug every other day. This is alot less tramatic then a taper. I used electrical tape, which alot argue is horrible but for me it worked perfect. I would try teflon or bondage tape if ur unsure of a possible reaction to electric. Good luck and happy stretching, just message me if u got any more questions =D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

Return to New To Stretching