Question on initial piercing(noob)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by x InfaMouzZz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi guys!

I am seriously considering getting my ears pierced very soon and would like to stretch them. I have seen talk on these forums about getting an initial piercing at 10g, etc. If i were to do so, would the piercing ever fully close up? Also, what type of jewelry would i be able to wear?

Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere/are ridiculously naive/ignorant, etc.

Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:
x InfaMouzZz

by raven_bm » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:27 am

They would p probably close up if you take them out before the initial piercing is healed, I would think it would be pretty unlikley after they are 100% healed (some one corect me if I'm wrong)
as for what kinda of jewlery you can wear my piercer recomended hoops because they deal with swelling better but I desided to get some tunnels, which are kinda pointless because you can hardley see through them. But you could wear plugs, tunnels, hoops, and barbells probly.

Just got my ears pierced at 10g today BTW

ps if I totaly butchered my spelli g and gramar is cause I'm on my iPod
I've seen a lot of bailouts in my life,
But why is it I never see a bailout
For the homeless and the poor?

- Anti-Flag (The Economy is Suffering...Let It Die)
raven_bm

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:28 am

Everyone's ears are different so no one can tell you if your ears will close up partially/all the way after taking the jewelry out. I've heard that sizes over 2g or 0g will not fully close up, so don't stretch up to an inch and expect to have normal looking earlobes afterward.

Definitely keep your initial jewelry (it should be a hypo-allergenic metal & sterile) in for at least 6 months. If you go to a place like Walmart or Claire's (please don't!!!! go to a piercer) they will generally tell you your ears will be healed in 6-8 weeks, but professionals who really know what they are doing will explain to you that your ears need to heal completely both inside and out and strengthen up enough to endure being stretched. Please keep these things in mind when looking for a place to get your ears pierced.

When stretching, it is best to use metal or glass plugs and tapers, because acrylic, silicone, and organics like bone and wood are porous and can trap bacteria. In a fully healed piercing, you can use all of these.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:26 am

I had mine pierced at 10G. They were done with rings but it caused a lot of problems with healing (rings move around waaaay too much, and at a larger size they can weigh the piercing down and put a lot of pressure on it) so I changed them to glass plugs after 5 weeks or so. I definitely wouldn't recommend changing your jewelry that early unless what you're pierced with causes problems, though!
Wait 4-6 months after your piercing to start stretching. The longer the better. I tried after 4 1/2 months but my ears made it pretty clear they weren't ready so I waited until almost six months. They should heal in about 8 weeks to 3 months, but they do need time to get strong enough to stretch.

No one can tell you for sure if your ears will fully close up, but if you plan on stretching you should always consider the possibility of it being permanant. There's no guarantee that a stretched piercing will shrink.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hybrid » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:41 am

I had to switch earrings after a week and a half. I have really really thick lobes and the post wasn't long enough. Yeah yeah, being gunned at claire's isn't the smartest idea, but I didn't know that then. Plus that was the only way my mom would pay for them and sign off on it. I'm on my way to awesome healthy lobes now though.
Hybrid

Return to New To Stretching