New, and a question.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Nimtai » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Hey folks.

I'm new to the forums and stretching in general.

I have a question, I'm at a 12g now after my first stretch in my lobe. I was able to start that large because my ears have been pierced for a good 20+ years now. When I stretched I experienced no pain, though it did take me a few minutes to ease the plug in. I didn't use tapers, didn't need them. I'm using surgical steel tunnels, single flare.

But now, three days later, I'm experiencing some soreness in my cartilage of all places. Not the piercing itself, but the cartilage closest to my skull, not even touching the piercing. It makes massaging and cleaning my piercing a pain. I've been looking for things online about it, but have turned up nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by Nimtai on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nimtai

by Hardware » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:54 am

You are having pain from a cartilage piercing, right?

If it's a fresh piercing, they take a bit of time to heal. Sometimes you can have them for a while and they can simply become irritated.

I would try sea salt soaks (5 minutes, 2 times a day), see if that helps. It usually will since sea salt soaks are an important after care practice for cartilage stuff.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by Hybrid » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:31 am

Hardware, I believe Nimtai Is saying that its and old piercing, but now with the 12g plug, is experiencing pain in the cartlige above the piercing.
Hybrid

by Nimtai » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Hybrid wrote:Hardware, I believe Nimtai Is saying that its and old piercing, but now with the 12g plug, is experiencing pain in the cartlige above the piercing.

Thanks Hybrid. Yeah, this is exactly what I mean. I'm stretching my old standard lobe piercing and for some reason the cartilage is what's sore, not the piercing. It makes no sense :(
Nimtai

by Hybrid » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:49 pm

The only thing I can think of is that your piercing wasn't "round" so when you put in the plug it started stretching it more if parts of your ear. Since all of your ear is connected together. (It is right?) ;) That it just caused some soreness, not that I'd no, havn't even started stretching yet, (waitin on my dang CBRs still). Maybe someone else can give a more definate answer.
Hybrid

by Slags » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Well could it possibly be that you are massaging after a fresh stretch? Usually, from what I have read, people will wait at least a week before massaging. Could this be causing some added irritation. Just a thought. Good luck!
18g Tragus
6g Lobes
2g Goal Size
3 tattoos
You don't work you don't eat. You don't grind you don't shine.
Slags

by Nimtai » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Slags wrote:Well could it possibly be that you are massaging after a fresh stretch? Usually, from what I have read, people will wait at least a week before massaging. Could this be causing some added irritation. Just a thought. Good luck!

I'm thinking you're right. That's the only thing I could think of, that maybe the added tugging on my ears was causing irritation. Even though I am very gentle.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions Slags :) I'll take care to leave them be for a few days and just stick to salt water soaks.
Nimtai

by Slags » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:47 pm

Hey not a problem. I'm new on here as well and just started stretching myself. Keep us updated on how things are going!
18g Tragus
6g Lobes
2g Goal Size
3 tattoos
You don't work you don't eat. You don't grind you don't shine.
Slags

Return to New To Stretching