My right ear isn't too happy with me.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by SavvySmiles » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:38 am

I started taping my 2g plugs to help stretch so I could wear 2g double flare plugs my b.f. bought me for our 2 year anniversairy. I'd put 5 layers of bondage tape on them before I even attempted to insert the DFP's. I waited a week before adding another layer. Each day, I did 3 sea salt soaks and rubbed E oil on them day and night. When I finally went to insert the DFP's, they went in fine on my left ear. In my right ear, it didn't seem to work so well. I tried to wiggle it through, but no success. After 15 or so minutes, I gave up and put my taped plugs back in, after I took 3 layers off. I figured I'd downsize for 2 weeks, then try again. Right now, I'm back to a 2g plug, not taped, no flare. =( I've baby-ed it as much as I could. Any suggestions on how I can get my ear to heal? Do you thing it would be best if I downsized to a 4g? My left ear is completely normal. My right ear isn't blown out or torn. I've been stretching for over a year. My ears were pierced with a gun *sigh* when I was 5. When I first stretch, I went from probably a 18 to a 14. From a 14, I went to an 10. (Bad idea on my part, I know). After that, I never skipped a size and I always took it slow, which is probably obvious since it took me a year to get to a 2g. I stretched with metal tapers, but always put in plugs right after stretching. Thanks for listening guys, any advice or experiences is much appreciated.

BTW, is it possible to find 1g tapers/plugs anywhere? I'm not completely comfortable with stretching 2 millimeters in difference.
Wishful, hopeful, beautiful dreamer
SavvySmiles

by Hardware » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:39 am

I would say stick with sea salt soaks for a few days and re-evaluate from there. You already took the tape layers off, so I imagine that it should have helped and downsizing might be a little more that what you need (unless you are in a lot of pain, than maybe it would be a good idea).
Double flares can be a bitch sometimes, especially with 2G. I'm personally dealing with it right now myself. I'm in no rush, but all of my other plugs are double flares and I'm pretty O.C.D about it.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by leighmarie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:09 am

You can buy 1G from Body Jewellery Shop and Body Art Forms :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by SavvySmiles » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks for the advice. There isn't really pain, I've just never had this much trouble with stretching. I've been really careful, so hitting a wall like this is pretty frustrating. Do double flares get easier when you get to bigger sizes? I'd imagine they would because you have a bigger hole to maneuver the plug through.
Wishful, hopeful, beautiful dreamer
SavvySmiles

by Hardware » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to say you can find 1G online. lol. Thanks Leighmarie! :)

Double flares, for me, got easier with time. The stretching needed to relax a while before it would go in. Also I have seen some MAJOR flares on double flares before. I looked at them and kinda laughed and thought 'there is NO possible way that would go in easily!' Course I am having a difficult time with my own 2G double flare... maybe there is a stigma going around ;)

Another thought I had about your problem is the possibility of scar tissue buildup. I know you said you are using vitamin e oil, but I'm curious if you are just rubbing it in a little bit or if you are actually massaging it, the longer the better.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

Return to New To Stretching