I'm Clueless :)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Hybrid » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Well, I'm not totally clueless on stretching my piercing. I just got it pierced about 6 weeks ago and I know I'm definately not ready to start stretching yet. That doesn't mean i can look and learn while I wait! I want to do this right and saftly. I got mine gunned and i'm really not sure what size it is right now. So that is one of the things I'm "clueless" about. I also am not real sure what size to start at? I have figured out that it is best to use a taper and stretch the piercing and then put in like a captive bead ring. Right? Also I know that it shouldn't bleed or be painful, although some slight discomfort or pressure may be felt. Have I left anything vital out?? I also know that using vitamin E oil or the other one that starts with a J is really good for a healed stretch.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice :)
Hybrid
Hybrid

by Hardware » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:56 pm

I THINK that the starter earring that they use in piercing guns were a little bit smaller than a 16G, it has been years since I have even seen a starter, so I can't be positive about that. Take your time with the healing, there is no such thing as waiting too long.
Sea salt soaks are great for post piercing as well as post stretching. I would start with the sea salt soaks right away. I don't know if where you got your ears pierced gave you the 'ear piercing care solution', but I personally find that stuff to be garbage.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by Hybrid » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:36 am

Yeah i plan to wait until the beginning of october to stretch it. I have used that ear care solution the piercer gave me, and it has kept it from getting infected so it must have done something. I will definately start the sea salt soaks on it right away. I'm not going to go to big probably stop at 12 guage right now.
Hybrid

by Boffey » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:39 am

You've got the right idea, the oil you were after is called Jojoba oil xD
12g is hardly noticable that you've even stretched your ear at all though...
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by Hardware » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:14 am

Ear stretching is not a contest. :roll:
Hardware

by Hybrid » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Lol, thanks hardware. I really want to stretch them larger, its just with what i'm wanting to do, and possibly joining the military. I don't want to go to big.
Hybrid

by Hardware » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:12 am

Go with a size that you are happy with :)
A friend of mine that just got out of the military had his ears at a 2G before he went in. He had to let them close up, but the military was fine with it. Just so you know. :)
Hardware

by Hybrid » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:03 am

Cool that is really good to know. I'm sure i'll possibly keep stretching, but i know i'll never pass 2g
Hybrid

by Hardware » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:12 am

Yeah, on average 2G is pretty safe... I say 'on average' cause everyone is different and there is no certainty that it will close up completely. From what I have seen in most cases it can shrink back down to 16G-12G. I'm sure given enough time it could close completely but most people I know just downsize.
Hardware

Return to New To Stretching