Help! 8g won’t budge!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by rundmc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:06 am

Ok, so I started stretching in like August or July and have made it up to an 8g, in the past I waited 6 weeks between stretches to make sure my ears were ready to go, so I did the same for this time, and they weren’t ready, no biggie, gave them a couple more weeks, still wouldn’t go, now I’m basically at 3 months, and they aren’t giving me anything! I’m considering taping, but they’re so small it will be a pain. Any suggestions or thoughts besides taping would be greatly appreciated. I use jojoba oil when stretching, and make sure there’s plenty. I’m seriously at a loss right now. I know it’s the first big one, but it seems like most people were more than ready at 3 months.
rundmc

by zalakii » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:17 pm

It could be that you've got scar tissue built up. Have you tried salt-soaking and massaging them with oil? It could help break down scar tissue!
My name is Jaedyn!
I know a lot about stretching and will be glad to answer any questions asked!

Have
10mm (00g) lobes
Upper lobes
16g Helix

Had
Left nostril

Want
14g Spider bites
Rook
My cat's paw

~zalakii

zalakii

by TPerfectStorm » Fri May 10, 2019 11:33 pm

6g was a hard one for me too!! What helped me was wearing the tapers as far as they would go and leave them in. After a couple of hours they went in. I tried multiple times to get them in and wouldn't budge either. You can also try getting a 7 gauge taper and go from there.
TPerfectStorm

Return to New To Stretching