Minimum wait time needed for safely moving up?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by MartinOntaOnDF » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:00 am

Yo, I know this may be a stupid question, but I'm curious.

I used to be at a 9/16ths gauge, but I ended up blowing it out.

After I finally healed it, I was back to a 00, but I've gotten back to a 1/2"

Now, I've been waiting about 2 months each time, just to make sure.

Anyways, is this overboard or no?
MartinOntaOnDF

by PLUG+STRETCH » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:13 am

It's not a stupid question at all. In fact a lot of people have the same question when it comes to waiting time between stretches.

It's great that's you're taking your time to stretch and not rushing it. Two months in between stretched should be enough if your ears are healthy and fine. The generally accepted wait time would be one month, so two is great!

Doubling the wait time isn't going overboard if you feel like your ears need that extra time; since the your ears have had a blowout before. If you took care of them after the blowout, and they have healed properly then you can begin to contemplate shortening the wait time a bit. However, if it was a bad blowout and the healing process was a bit of a struggle then it's safe to say you may have scar tissue in the area now.

Scar tissue isn't like regular skin, and it does have a direct effect on how large you will be able to go from then on out. Not to say you can't, but it'll just take that much more time and effort to reach your intended stretch goal.

When people ask us about wait times, we always tell them to go with their gut. Don't rush and listen to what your ears are telling you. Do they feel healthy? Are your lobes fleshy? Is it tight, sore or itchy? No one can give you an exact time since everyone is different. Just go with your gut, and never force a stretch if it doesn't feel right.
Last edited by PLUG+STRETCH on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLUG+STRETCH

by MartinOntaOnDF » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:22 am

Thanks! :D
MartinOntaOnDF

by Akebono » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:22 am

I know I've read this many times before, that you're supposed at least a month in between gauges, so I must be an anomaly. I got pierced at an 18g. After waiting a month, i started to gauges. And hardly any amount of pain, I'm up to 2g in two weeks! I was hoping someone could tell me what is going on
Akebono

by neen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 am

1-2 months
neen

by Akebono » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:57 am

https://t.me/pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram
Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !
Akebono

Return to New To Stretching