worried im not stretching right

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Hooah! » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:06 am

i currently have 4ga. stone plugs. when i first started to stretch to my ears, I did skip a size or two and yes i didnt wait long enough before stretching.... ive had my fair share of mistakes. when i got to my 6ga. i stopped and had them in for about a month and then recentley went to a 4ga. with no problem.... they feel healed now, except for when i take out the plugs and feel my lobes. my right ear is fine and soft around the hole but the left lobe is "hard" around the lobe and when i stretched it had more resistance on the left side... it even hurt a tiny bit.
is this just scar tissue?
can this go away?
i want to stretch up to a 00ga. will this affect doing that?
im really worried that i did some permanent damage, but i want good advice as to geting rid of it so i can stretch more.
also when i take out my plugs i have now the left is hard to go in and out but the right just slides out (they are double flared)
thanks a lot!
Hooah!

by mouse2cat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:40 pm

You are dealing with scar tissue from your poor stretching history, and maybe a healed blowout on top of that. To answer your question, yes, it will interfere with future stretches and you probably need to take your earrings out for a good long time to let them heal.

People have had good luck with daily oil massage dealing with scar tissue. But it is a very slow process and you have to be very patient with it.

Once your ears have healed naked for many months and the hardness is gone. Re-assess what size you have shrunk to and stretch VERY SLOWLY. 3 months+ per size. You will still have scar tissue in there and it is much more likely to tear and resist stretching.

Even if you have an easy stretch do not use that as an excuse to shorten your wait times.
mouse2cat

by Hooah! » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 pm

thank you for your advice. i think i will try to massage with oil first and if that doesnt help i will downsize to heal up. i really dont want to take them out....
Hooah!

by aBn » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:35 am

I made some of the same mistakes when i first started stretching and i agree it sounds like scar tissue, just do oil massages 3 times a day with jojoba, emu or vitamin e oil and stay at your current size for a while until it gets better.the amount of time u need to get rid of it depends on how bad it is. ive had scar tissue and it has disappeared after doing oil massages for a while so i dont think taking them out is necessary. just do those and wait 6-8 weeks between stretches and you should be fine. if it is a blowout you DO need to downsize but i cant say if it is without a picture. the key to nice healthy lobes is to never force a stretch, if u have resistance you need to wait longer. i know waiting sucks but you will be happy you did down the road :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by mouse2cat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:33 pm

What is a couple extra months when you'll have your ears all your life, keep them beautiful. Keep them Sexy ;)
mouse2cat

by aBn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:38 am

You are a right a couple months is no big deal but if he doesnt want to take them out its not necessary to do so to get rid of scar tissue. now if he tore them or had a blowout i would be the first one to say take them out. but if he stays at his current size for a few months and does the oil massages it should help alot. we both know that when u tell people to take out their plugs they most likely wont listen because thats the last thing people want to do but when u give them other options they are more likely to listen and minimalize the damage. and mouse is right keep them healthy and keep them sexy there is nothing sexy about blownout nasty looking ears. i saw someone the other day take their plugs out at a piercing shop and they were purple and had a BAD blowout and it made me sick to my stomach. i wish i could have taken a picture of the piercers face when she saw it. her face kinda looked like this :shock:
aBn

by Hooah! » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm

I picked up a bottle of Bio Oil and a bottle of Jojoba oil and have been massaginge my ears 2-3 times a day. The Bio oil is working wonders, I can already feel the scar tissue going down. Im gonna wait till about mid November to stretch again... that gives me lots time to stay at a 4ga. and keep them sexy.

Now for another question. since I am at a 4ga. and look to go bigger, what is the prefered method to stretch to a 2ga.? taping with PTFE or a taper or dead stretching?
Hooah!

by sh4ky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:00 am

The act of massaging your lobes will help with that scarring. Bio oil is great stuff. I use it too. Personally, reading through your story, I'd continue with your oil massages longer and leave stretching for a bit more than just a few weeks until mid Nov to see how things go.

Dead stretching is always a great option as long as your lobes are ready. But taping is ok, better than tapers. If you can get tape around a 4g plug, do it. Personally, I found it very fiddly to do but started using tape at 2g.
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by aBn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:02 am

ive never used bio oil but i have read its actually bad for your ears. ""THIS IS THE ARTICLE""----- Bio oil contains a number of beneficial plant based oils and nutrients, but are in a base of Paraffinum Liquidum, which is another name for mineral oil. Mineral oil is a petro-chemical derivative and is harmful to the skin. Putting mineral oil on your skin is like wrapping it in plastic wrap; the skin is not able to absorb nutrients and it can't detoxify which renders the beneficial ingredients ineffective and results in premature aging, basically thinning your lobes.
.----like i said this is just something i read i have no personal experience. i use either jojoba,emu or vitamin e oil.you should def try taping with bondage or ptfe tape i prefer bondage tape. you can buy a roll of bondage tape online or even at spencers. its only around 8 dollars and you will never run out. hope this helps :twisted:
aBn

by mouse2cat » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:30 pm

it is generally recommended to wait about 3 months between sizes. And since you are dealing with your scar tissue, just give them some extra time. Try mid-December?

I was actually able to tape from 8g to 6g. And um it was tricky but possible. I ended up putting a layer of tape on an 8g taper and a layer of tape on my 8g plugs just to get it in there without the oiled tape sliding all around and bunching up on the plug... But it was a really good call and my 6g ears look perfect.
mouse2cat

Return to New To Stretching