First Stretch Soon Need Advice

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by BDMJ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm going to be doing my first stretch and I have a question/concern before I attempt it.

What kind of jewelry do I put in after the taper? I understand that what ever I put it has to stay in for at least a month. I can't do single flared because one time the lip went into my ear while sleeping and cut the inside of my ear. The only kind of jewelry that 's the most comfortable sleeping in are screw tunnels. Can I use these for a fresh stretch? Mind you I need something that has no risk of falling out while sleeping.
BDMJ

by mouse2cat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Honestly I would still go with single flare. Get yourself some glass colorfronts.

If you insist on screw backs, make sure they are not externally threaded because the sharp screw back can cut your fistula.
mouse2cat

by aBn » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:04 am

Try the single flares again they are the best for fresh stretches. if they went into your ear it means they were to loose a fresh stretch will be snug and you shouldnt have that problem or you can look for ones with a bigger flare if your still worried about that. try not to use those screw backs in a fresh stretch because it will be snug and possibly tear your lobe up, wait until your lobe loosens up to wear those. :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by sh4ky » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:33 am

^^^^agreed!! The only time a single flare will push back into your lobe is if it is too small. Just use them at their correct sizes and you will not have this issue. I'm stretching three lobe piercings, using single flare SSS tunnels, and only once have I had an issue with one of them and that was because I had taped it up to basically the width of the flare. And then pushed it into my lobe while on the phone!
And yes glass is a perfectly good alternative.
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:08 am

I agree with the others. But how long have your ears been pierced? I remember you posting something about having them dermal punched not that long ago... you should wait at least six months after a piercing to do your first stretch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:11 am

I wouldn't use screw on tunnels after a fresh stretch,whether they're internally or externally threaded.Even the internally threaded ones can sometimes have an edge to them.Plus,I know for me sometimes after a fresh stretch it can be more comfortable to have something w/a bit longer of a wearable that I can easily adjust.Single flares really are the easiest for stretching in my opinion,whether you're using tapers,dead stretching,or tape.You might have better luck w/something like one of these:
http://www.freshtrends.com/cgi-bin/cate ... ource=bing
or http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... &index=557

Personally,I think glass is the easiest & most comfortable for stretching & that's what I've used most of the time,& there's no way the flares on ones like either of those are going to end up in your holes.Personally,I find the first ones,the tunnel style glass ones a teeny bit easier to insert even though the other ones have a more rounded back,but those are pretty easy & comfortable to get in too.Often times,I wouldn't even need a taper or anything,they're very smooth & would pop in fairly easily after a hot shower.And they'll stay in while you're asleep,if you're concerned about it,you can always get a slightly smaller o-ring :)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by BDMJ » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:19 pm

It's been 4 1/2 months since I got my ear lobes punched and I can't find any bigger flared tunnels, my ears are at 6g and I bought a pair of 6g single flares and those are the ones that sunk into and cut my ear while sleeping one time and I've tried glass plugs before and they indent into my ears and they are very uncomfortable to wear when sleeping. I understand that screw tunnels can scrap and tear the inside of my ear but they are the only type of jewelry I can wear continuously and that are comfortable to sleep in. I don't sleep on my stomach or back so whatever I wear has be comfortable when pressure is applied.
BDMJ

by mouse2cat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:28 pm

So you are saying the length of the single flare is uncomfortable to sleep in? It doesn't bother me but I have slept with pointy studs for most of my younger life.

I don't really know of any different options. This may be something you have to deal with until you can start wearing DFs. Just please be careful about threading and look into internally threaded things.

you can see how something like this http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... ctID=10244
is much less likely to accidentally cut your fistula. Mind you this is not as good as wearing glass... In my opinion
mouse2cat

by aBn » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:42 pm

i have worn sf steel tunnels in all of my stretches and have never had them fall out and i sleep on my side too. its simple if they go into your ear they are too small. the flare is usually atleast the next size up so if they are that loose u should be able to get the next size in with no resistance. if you are wearing the proper size they wont go through. those screw back tunnels are bad for fresh stretches and nobody in here is gonna recommend you using them until your lobes loosen up. you sound pretty set on using them tho so all i can say is good luck and use alot of oil to put them in and when u scratch your lobes you will need to downsize and do warm sea salt soaks until they recover :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by mouse2cat » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 am

I just got a pair of single flare glass plugs from
http://www.etsy.com/people/SpyNinjaDesigns
And they had a much shorter wearable than the other glass single flares I've gotten. They would be completely comfortable to sleep in and they are only $8. This is a really good option if the other glass single flares are bothering you
mouse2cat

Next

Return to New To Stretching