New to stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by RavenSkyfire » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:24 am

So currently I am at 14g and have been for many years. I want to stetch up to no bigger than 0g. I have some questions about how to go about doing that.

Do I put the plug in immediately after getting the taper though my ear? I hope so because the tapers that I have seen are long and pointy and don't look like they would be practical to wear for very long, let alone sleep in. What is the best material to use? I have heard that glass and stainless steel are the best but others have said that anything will work.

I know not to rush things so don't worry about that.

Thanks!!
Manda
RavenSkyfire

by leighmarie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:50 am

RavenSkyfire wrote:Do I put the plug in immediately after getting the taper though my ear? I hope so because the tapers that I have seen are long and pointy and don't look like they would be practical to wear for very long, let alone sleep in.

Glad you're sensible enough to make that observation, a lot of people don't :)
Yes, you can put your tunnels/plugs straight after, just put them up against the end of the taper and slide them through.

Glass and metals are probably best, and I'd suggest avoiding acrylic and silicone for fresh stretches and long term use.

Hope that helps :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Yeah what she said!
Glass is by far my favorite material to stretch with. Nothing wrong with using an acrylic taper since if you stretch properly you won't be leaving it in for more than a few seconds, but I wouldn't use acrylic plugs in a fresh stretch. Some people are fine with it, though, you just have to see how your body reacts. But metals (titanium is best but it's expensive) and glass are the best for stretching.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Hardware » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 pm

'nuff said! :)
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by Narci » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:17 pm

The people above me pretty much hit the nail on the head but I'd like to add something.

Whenever you get up to around a 2g you might want to start user the taping method instead of tapering. The leap from 2g to 0g was pretty big and I found it uncomfortable using tapers. You can buy ptfe or bondage tape and wrap it around you 2g plug until you reach your desired size. And then of course switch it out to your 0g plug.
~Narci~
Narci

by Uraniumhobo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:58 pm

yup 2g is about 6mm, and 0g is 8mm, most people dont realize that there is still a size in between since its not usually commercially available in the american wire gauge size, you can get 1g (7mm) custom made for a good price at glasswear studios, got a pair of single flare round end glass plugs from them for like 10 bucks, also if you can tape earlier then 2g youl find stretching a lot easier, i usually tell people to try and start taping around 8-6g, and to use ptfe or bondage tape (i prefer bondage tape since in sensetive skin ptfe tape can irritate the skin like mine) also massage your ears with Vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, emu oil, or even olive oil, i prefer the last becuase its cheap, works just as good, has vitamin E, available atany grocery store, and the act of massaging is more important anyway
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

by leighmarie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:09 pm

You don't have to get 7mm custom made, both Body Jewellery Shop and Body Art Forms sell it.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Uraniumhobo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:11 pm

thats good to know, but i usually dont shop there anyway, most of my jewelry is usually custom made or i make it myself, and for the glass im a loyal glasswearstudios customer
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

Return to New To Stretching