Anyone used Snap plugs?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by aBn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 am

I have seen these online and thought they looked like a good product but i havent known anyone who has used them,i will be looking forward to seeing what people think of them. My original goal was 0 but im at 00 and im thinking about using these to get to 1/2
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by newbie » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Got mine in today and put in the first set. They seem very simple and so much more gradual than a taper...and I can see already i'll probably go to the 0ga...sounded so much bigger before looking at it. They got here really fast too..think i ordered them friday.

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:45 pm

Ooh, that makes me wonder if mine will come tomorrow. Might take a few extra days because I used an e-check though. Glad you seem pleased with them so far!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by newbie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 am

i am but the anticipation is killing me to get to 2ga. Im already ordering a pair of 2ga glass plugs from the etsy site you referred.

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:25 am

Yeah, I think the hardest part for me is going to be keeping those plugs in for so long... I like a variety of jewelry!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:26 am

Ya i ordered mine but after i placed the order i realized that i only ordered 1 set for one ear! That sucks! These things are pricey. I guess i will wait a week or 2 and then just order the other set since i just stretched to 4g the other day! How long after a fresh stretch can you start going up in the next small size with these?? I really hope these things work as good as i think they will because if they do instead of using the big tapers that i have i can just gradually stretch instead of one giant stretch. Much better for my lobes!
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:53 pm

^ I would still wait the same amount of time. It says on the website to go up every 10-30 days but that's a little fast. To me it's kind of like taping... I think that's probably fine for the in-between sizes but once you get to each actual size (2G, 0G, etc) you should wait the usual 6-8 weeks to give your ears a break. I'll probably leave at least 30 days for the in-between sizes just because my ears aren't very stretchy.
I just know it's going to drive me crazy having to wear the same plugs for two months. I'm almost regretting ordering them...
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:^ I would still wait the same amount of time. It says on the website to go up every 10-30 days but that's a little fast. To me it's kind of like taping... I think that's probably fine for the in-between sizes but once you get to each actual size (2G, 0G, etc) you should wait the usual 6-8 weeks to give your ears a break. I'll probably leave at least 30 days for the in-between sizes just because my ears aren't very stretchy.
I just know it's going to drive me crazy having to wear the same plugs for two months. I'm almost regretting ordering them...

Ya i would stretch like from 2g to 0g in 5 weeks or more like ive been doing but with the Snap plugs you have those little Micro stretches with each size you go up. So My question is how long to wait in between those little micro stretches? Like 7 days or so each micro size to get to the next size. Im thinking like every 7 to 12 days For each little size.
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Well the website says 10-30 days between all the sizes but I would personally say that's how long you should wait with the in-between sizes, then when you get to the actual sizes leave 6-8 weeks just to give your ears a break.
I'm not 100% sure though... for me it's going to be trial and error. I'll just do like I did with my other stretches and if it doesn't want to go in, I won't force it. It might take 10 days or it might take 10 weeks, I'm just not sure yet.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:20 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Well the website says 10-30 days between all the sizes but I would personally say that's how long you should wait with the in-between sizes, then when you get to the actual sizes leave 6-8 weeks just to give your ears a break.
I'm not 100% sure though... for me it's going to be trial and error. I'll just do like I did with my other stretches and if it doesn't want to go in, I won't force it. It might take 10 days or it might take 10 weeks, I'm just not sure yet.

Ya that's how i read it 10-30 days between each little size. But im thinking if your hear is totally healed you can probably do the every 10 days in micro sizes. That's gotta be a lot more healthy the shoving a taper in your ear and going up all those micro sizes at once!
DarkCustom13

PreviousNext

Return to New To Stretching