8g to 6g- they hurt, i think they are ripped?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by xandymilox » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:58 pm

about a week ago i stretched from an 8g to a 6g. when i put them in they were tight and a little painful but there were no problems.
Now, they hurt, they are red and nasty looking, and are filled with goo.
i keep cleaning them every couple hours with soap and salt water.
my friend said to go back down a size until they heal.
but i have no idea what i should do!!??
can i leave them in and let it heal around the new plugs, or should i take them out?
xandymilox

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:06 pm

8G to 6G is a pretty difficult stretch for most people; it definitely was for me. I had to wait almost three months after my 8G stretch and it still stung a little bit (although stretching should really never hurt and I don't recommend going ahead with it if you feel pain).
If I were you I'd definitely downsize, especially since they're "nasty looking." Go back to 8G, do sea salt soaks (soap can dry them out), wait for them to heal, and try stretching again. You COULD let them heal at this size, but you're probably going to create some scar tissue that'll make it harder to stretch in the future.
Are you doing any kind of oil massages? Massaging your lobes with vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, or emu oil usually helps them become more stretchy. But don't do it until your ears are healed.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching