Is this too low to stretch it safely?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Medran » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Hey everyone,

I just started stretching my ears and until someone mentioned to me yesterday that my piercings are way too low i wasnt worried... but i would appreciate a second opinion now!

I am planning to stretch to 6mm maybe 8mm at the most. Do you think that it will be ok with the location of my piercing? At the moment I am at 2.5mm

Thanks!
Medran

by meetthewretched » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 pm

The piercing does look a little low, but I don't think it should thin much. If you're really worried about the location, take it out, let it heal, then get it pierced again, but higher (if possible) and start over! It's just all a matter of patience!
meetthewretched

by Medran » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks :) The only reason i am worried is because someone told me that today that i wont be able to stretch it at all unless i repierce in the middle...

I am planning to wear tunnel and spirals so i thought the location as it is would be better than getting it done too high in terms of getting a spiral through later on
Medran

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:43 am

They do look pretty low but if you really are stopping at 2G or 0G you should be fine as long as you stretch slowly and carefully. The only thing is, if you change your goal size later on you might have problems, and it'll be too late to get them repierced. So just make sure 2G-0G is all you want. Good luck! :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Medran » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Just been to my local piercing studio and the guy there measured that I have got 5mm of lobe below the piercing hole. If that helps with recommendations.

They guy in the shop was pretty convinced that I can get to my goal.
Medran

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:21 pm

The more I look at it, I think you'll be fine. They are quite low but the good thing is you have a lot of tissue to work with. The only thing is, are you happy with the way the placement looks?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Medran » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:The more I look at it, I think you'll be fine. They are quite low but the good thing is you have a lot of tissue to work with. The only thing is, are you happy with the way the placement looks?

Yeah I personally was fine with it until someone was like "you sure you want to stretch that its too low to do so"

I am planning to wear tunnels as well as spirals and with spirals i thought it be more difficult to wear them if it is higher up!
Medran

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:02 pm

That is true, I remember having a pair of spirals at 10G that I could barely get in because my piercings are centered and I have naturally thick lobes. As long as you're happy with them that's all that matters. Good luck with the stretching process!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Medran » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:That is true, I remember having a pair of spirals at 10G that I could barely get in because my piercings are centered and I have naturally thick lobes. As long as you're happy with them that's all that matters. Good luck with the stretching process!

Medran

by buffalodustin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:11 pm

You're fine...my second holes were lower than that and I had them stretched to a 00g and could have went bigger with no issues...just go slow any rips you have will be worse than normal due to the placement
Left- lobe-1"
Cartilage-00g and 6g
Industrial
Right- lobe- 1"
Cartilage- 0g
Snakebites, tongue, wrist
buffalodustin

Return to New To Stretching