Will this be a problem?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by andi37 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:30 pm

I'm thinking about stretching my ears, so I want to try to make sure everything goes as smoothly as it can. I read somewhere that if your earring holes are off center, this could lead to thin spots in your lobes that can lead to big problems. I got my ears pierced when I was 5 years old, and I've always noticed that my right ear is slightly off center compared to my left ear.

Will my right ear be a problem if I try stretching it? I am thinking of eventually stretching to a maximum of 6-4g. Should I not stretch it at all, would I be better off stretching less, or would I be able to get away with 4g?

Here's a picture of my right ear:

Thanks!
Last edited by andi37 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andi37

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, ideal placement for stretching is right in the center of the earlobe, and it's really common for gunned piercings at Claire's and places like that to be way off. I don't think you'd have a problem going to 6G-4G but if you decide to go bigger you might run into problems. The hole is very low but you do have a decent amount of tissue below it. Also, it might be a little more noticeable that your holes are uneven if you stretch them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by andi37 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Well, ideal placement for stretching is right in the center of the earlobe, and it's really common for gunned piercings at Claire's and places like that to be way off. I don't think you'd have a problem going to 6G-4G but if you decide to go bigger you might run into problems. The hole is very low but you do have a decent amount of tissue below it. Also, it might be a little more noticeable that your holes are uneven if you stretch them.

Ok, thanks so much! You helped a lot. :)
andi37

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:21 pm

No problem! You could get a new piercing above the existing hole but that hole would still be there so it might look kind of odd. Do you have any really good, professional piercers in your area? They could look at it and see what they could do.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:No problem! You could get a new piercing above the existing hole but that hole would still be there so it might look kind of odd. Do you have any really good, professional piercers in your area? They could look at it and see what they could do.

It will slowlt close up tho it wont always be there
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by andi37 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:No problem! You could get a new piercing above the existing hole but that hole would still be there so it might look kind of odd. Do you have any really good, professional piercers in your area? They could look at it and see what they could do.

Hm, I'm sure I could find someone, but I can't imagine what they would be able to do to make it any better. Would it be that noticeable that I should definitely try to see a professional before trying anything?

bradykay90 wrote: It will slowlt close up tho it wont always be there

The holes I have now will never close up, haha. I've gone without wearing earrings for at least 4 years at a time, and I've never had any problems putting earrings back in. ;)
andi37

by deviantxy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:30 am

andi37 wrote:The holes I have now will never close up, haha. I've gone without wearing earrings for at least 4 years at a time, and I've never had any problems putting earrings back in. ;)

Your lucky you can do that. If I would have taken mine out over night its hell getting them back in and since I've stretched I'll bet I would drop two sizes in the night.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Just to play it safe in case you decide to stretch bigger down the road i would have it re pierced in the center. since you have such a small hole and you didnt stretch at all yet thats what i would do! You will be glad you did down the road.
DarkCustom13

Return to New To Stretching