Is all pain bad?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by CoyotesGirl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:31 am

I've been doing my research and trying my best to do this the right way. I'll admit to having made some mistakes, but I back down and start over as soon as I realize what's happened. I've heard conflicting stories on the "pain" issue. I've heard that slight discomfort and burning is normal, I've heard people (who I incidentally classify as idiots) who say "It hurt like hell but it looks SO COOL" and I've heard that any discomfort at all is a Very Bad Thing. I'm going from an 8 to a 6 and I tried to use tapers but it hurt. Like hell. So I stepped back and started taping. Right now I've got a slight amount of discomfort, but I'm away from home and don't have calipers to measure where I am. I'm of course not going to add any more layers until it calms wayyy down. Of course I'm doing vitamin e massages and all that. So, back to the issue at hand: Is any discomfort at all a bad thing or is a little tingle or burn OK?
It's not my turn for the brain today.
CoyotesGirl

Location: Near enough to the Gateway Arch to call it St. Louis

by bradykay90 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:38 am

CoyotesGirl wrote:I've been doing my research and trying my best to do this the right way. I'll admit to having made some mistakes, but I back down and start over as soon as I realize what's happened. I've heard conflicting stories on the "pain" issue. I've heard that slight discomfort and burning is normal, I've heard people (who I incidentally classify as idiots) who say "It hurt like hell but it looks SO COOL" and I've heard that any discomfort at all is a Very Bad Thing. I'm going from an 8 to a 6 and I tried to use tapers but it hurt. Like hell. So I stepped back and started taping. Right now I've got a slight amount of discomfort, but I'm away from home and don't have calipers to measure where I am. I'm of course not going to add any more layers until it calms wayyy down. Of course I'm doing vitamin e massages and all that. So, back to the issue at hand: Is any discomfort at all a bad thing or is a little tingle or burn OK?

To me ull feel discomfort no matter what u do im honestly ur putting in bigger plugs/tunnels but if it hurts. Your ears are not ready to be stretched even if you waited 3 months and it still hurts there not ready. Take ur time theyll stretch when they are ready
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to New To Stretching