Stretched too fast (I'll admit it) - Infection?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by meetthewretched » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:00 pm

I've been sitting at a 2g for a few months now, after stretching my ears over a period of 3 years. I've always gone relatively slow, I let my ears rest, etc. I had stretched them to 0g with stainless steel tapers, but couldn't fit the 0g double flare plug in. So I taped it and I soon realized I had stretched too big because the 0g fell out and I could fit brand 00g plugs I had been saving in my ears.
Now super swollen, I had to leave for an overnight work shift. Later that night, noticed bruising on the side of my left ear and decided to check it out in the morning. Woke up, took out the plug (figuring it was built up blood - it hadn't bled when I stretched?) and blood gushed out! :/ So I cleaned it up and left it open until I left work and went home. I tried a smaller gauge, but it kept falling out, and I couldn't find anything that would fit. So I've left it open. It's draining (yellow and clear liquid) as well as still bleeding a little.
I've started doing sea salt water soaks in the morning and night to help keep it clean, but I don't know what else to do. The other is doing perfectly fine, no swelling or anything. :/
meetthewretched

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:08 pm

It's probably not an infection unless the stuff coming out is BRIGHT yellow and your ear is bright red/throbbing. If there is an infection and the hole closes completely it could trap the infection but if it's doing better it's probably not a big concern.

Just keep treating it like a new piercing and let it heal for a few months before you think about stretching again. 2G-0G is a huge jump, and you should probably look into getting some 1G jewelry (available at bodyartforms.com and a few other places). Also, double-flare plugs should NEVER be put in fresh stretches.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching