Im a newbie.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by CrakerJill » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:10 pm

So, i got my ears pierced when I was a baby, and I want to start stretching them. I have absolutely no idea where to start so I was just wanting some input about what everyone out in the forum did. I'm definitely going gradually because I don't want to risk a blowout. I just need a starting point, so any responses would be appreciated!
CrakerJill

by Nic » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:21 pm

lol first off depending on what u were pierced with u find a taper that size. taper sizes are by 2s so basically u start with an 18g then 16g then 14g then 12g and so on. u use tapers to stretch ur ears, u need to wait a certain amount of time between sizes. 2-3 weeks is usually gud. when u taper ur ears it shouldnt be to painful and it shouldnt be forced. once u get to about 0gauge u should start taping with ptfe (or electrical if u dont have a reaction to it). as long as u wait the right amount of time between stretches u will have beautiful ears. if u have any other questions ask me. also its a gud idea to use lube, like e oil, jojoba oil, or any water based lubricants.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:52 pm

^ What he said, except it's better to wait 6-8 weeks between sizes for most people. Honestly, with stretching, the longer you wait the better off you are. And I don't know how big you're stretching, but if you go to 0G I'd suggest stopping at 1G first. It's not a very common size (you can find it online) but IMO it's pretty essential; 2G-0G is a very large jump that is difficult for a lot of people.
Edit: Also, if you can afford it, don't wear the tapers as jewelry; just buy one taper and a pair of plugs/other jewelry (like labret studs at 18G-14G) for every size. Tapers move around in your ears a lot more than plugs, and the excess movement can create a blowout in a fresh stretch. This is especially true at sizes above 6G or so.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by CrakerJill » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:34 am

Thank you guys!
CrakerJill

by vdub » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:47 am

You can probably get away with starting off with a 14g taper. Everything above 12 is so small there is barely a difference. Especially since you've been pierced for so long.
vdub

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:25 pm

It seems like there's "barely a difference," but think about how small the actual hole is. If you go from 0.8mm (20G, or the size of "normal" earrings) to 1.6mm (14G), you're making the hole twice as big... that's a pretty big jump. The only way you can get away with going from 20G-14G is if your ears have stretched themselves quite a bit over time.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nic » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:36 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:And I don't know how big you're stretching, but if you go to 0G I'd suggest stopping at 1G first. It's not a very common size (you can find it online) but IMO it's pretty essential; 2G-0G is a very large jump that is difficult for a lot of people.

lol true dat, i remember when i stretched to 0g with sum acrylic spirals i woke up the next and i had a reaction to the acrylic. I was buring from the stretch and the acrylic gave me like weird spots on the outside of my hole. The second i got sume steel tunnels and put em in the spots went away but my ears were really sore from the stretch. hurt like a bitch. Wish i had known i could get in between sizes.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

Return to New To Stretching