just wondering if i'm on the right track?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by bongtage » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:20 am

Hey guys! I had my ears pierced at a 16g about a month an a half ago (June 23rd, i believe) and then about a month later (under the discretion of my sister) I stretched to a 12g on July 21st. The stretch went in effortlessly, but i did have a bit of a burn for a while. i had used tapers, which i wore for a few days. i switched to wearing the little plugs that she had after a couple days. i've been cleaning them twice a day with trisan (an antimicrobial soap that my sis said was good) as well as using holey buttr to keep everything moist. i wish i came across here sooner because i feel like i might be doing this wrong. my sister is saying i should be okay to stretch again (shes saying to 8g, but i think im gonna stick with going to 10g) in 3-5 weeks. im guessing this is a bad idea? help a brotha out!

thanks.
bongtage

by AceWitThaLobes » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:46 pm

well sounds like ur on the right track. there is no set time to wait but u should wait till ur ears are FULLY HEALED meaning there is no pain at all or soreness or gunk n them and u can leave them out over night without much of a size difference in the morning. NEVER EVER skip sizes no matter what ur sister says. thats how u get blow outs and cat butt then u have to go back and repair the damage (which takes forever). just listen to ur body. 5 weeks sounds reasonable to go up in size but just remember the bigger u go the longer u need to wait. id add another week per mm u go up.
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Honestly you shouldn't listen to your sister on this one if she's telling you it's okay to skip sizes and stretch a month after your piercings... You should really wait 6 months after a new piercing to begin stretching. It's not enough for them just to be healed but they also need to be strong enough to stretch, which takes a lot longer.
Also, you should only be stretching one size at a time with about 6-8 weeks between sizes or however long it takes to be able to stretch painlessly and without resistance. Never wear tapers as jewelry, always get yourself a pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs in glass, steel, or titanium to wear at each size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:13 pm

^ agreed. But that all im saying im staying out of it hahahah ima let the ladies handle it
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by KAISERROLLS » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:32 am

Just reinstating what Lindsay has posted, also some types of stone can be acceptable for fresh stretches. And you only need a type of plug like we listed for the first week to week and a half. And also some encouragement, I stretched to early after my initial piercing also, and I turned out fine, but everyones different, so best of luck.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by bongtage » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 am

cool, thanks a bunch guys!
definitely cleared my mind, im gonna try to come here for advice more often :lol:
bongtage

by bongtage » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:26 am

one more question, since i'm here anyways.
i just ran out of my trisan and cant pick up more until i make a trip downtown. so today i picked up some stuff called tersaseptic, its basically the same thing except that its scented. i read a bunch of stuff saying to keep away from a scented soap. will this do any harm to my ears or?
bongtage

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 am

You should really just ditch the antibacterial soap; it's too drying and will kill healthy cells that your body needs to heal. Well, you can clean your plugs and other jewelry with it, just not your lobes. A better way to care for piercings is to soak them in a solution of no more than 1/4 teaspoon sea salt per one cup hot water for about 5-10 minutes a day. Make sure it's not too salty or it'll do more harm than good. Other than that just leave them alone. Actually after they settle down you can stop doing the soaks and just leave them along all together, just clean your plugs in the shower every day. Infections are actually quite rare in piercings so your aftercare really doesn't have to be all about killing bacteria. Sea salt soaks are much more beneficial than cleaning with soaps and other things with chemicals because salt is already in your body and hot water will increase blood flow to the area, which promotes healing rather than just killing germs.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching