Skipped 4g and now I'm sort of worried

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DreamersGuilt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:22 am

I've skipped sizes the whole way through. I've literally went 14 10 6 2. My right ears as always hated stretching. My very first try at stretching either my right or left ear ended up closing becuase it was swollen for days and I got scared. The stretch from 10 to 6 ended up hurting my right ear becuase my friend was rushing me and talked me in to letting her do it. This morning I decided to stretch again after about 3 months. My left is a little swollen and I can't get the plug in. It's single fared it a dent for the the little rubber thing(sorry don't know what they're called) it seems to get stunk right before it my right ear isn't having it. I always stop when I feel pain. I can't even get the the taper halfway into my right ear. What are signs that my ears ripped? If I downsize how small soon I go? The smallest I own right now is a 10g
DreamersGuilt

by Dowa2bp » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:18 pm

0_0 What?

So You Jumped From 14g to 10g(2mm) to 6g(4mm) All The Way To 2g(6mm)?

4g Is The Last Of Your Worries!

Yes I'll Leave This To Someone Else >_>
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:34 pm

If i was u i would restart ftom the top. Well i would let my ears close up ass far as they would and then restart from there the right way
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:39 pm

I agree, I think you should go back to a 10G, at least. Skipping sizes like that does a lot of damage to your ears even if it's not apparent right away. Downsize, let your ears heal, and start doing daily oil massages to reduce scar tissue. Then stretch back up one size at a time when your ears are ready.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:42 pm

^ wait atleast every 6-8 weeks inbetween stretches. Good luck
bradykay90

by DreamersGuilt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:22 pm

I took the tapers out this morning. I plan to wait at least 6 months before I stretch again. I'll get another piercing to distract myself from stretching for a while.Is there anything I can do to help them heal? My left ear is so swollen and the hole isn't really a circle at all anymore.
DreamersGuilt

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Try doing some sea salt soaks every day until they settle down. Mix no more than 1/4 teaspoon sea salt per one cup hot water, soak your piercings in them for 5-10 minutes each day. It's very important not to get too much salt in the water. Try not to touch your ears at all. For the swelling you can also try ice, and take some ibuprofen.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:29 pm

DreamersGuilt wrote:I took the tapers out this morning. I plan to wait at least 6 months before I stretch again. I'll get another piercing to distract myself from stretching for a while.Is there anything I can do to help them heal? My left ear is so swollen and the hole isn't really a circle at all anymore.

Epsum salt/sea salt soaks 1-2 times a day and e-oil/jojoba oil massages should help quit abit
bradykay90

by DreamersGuilt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks a lot and next time I'll do this right. I have only one pair for earlobes.
DreamersGuilt

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 pm

DreamersGuilt wrote:Thanks a lot and next time I'll do this right. I have only one pair for earlobes.

Its so nice to see people who learn from there mistakes . Nothing shameful about making a mistake . It not learning from it that is the problem , and Unfortunately so many people come here for advice and then dont wanna take it .... Im glad to see someone who is mature and can handle hearing that they need to change their stretching habits to help their lobes :) good luck , Im sure you will have better results next time around
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to New To Stretching