Just kinda worried

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by iSownd » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Hi I pierced my left ear lobe on the 2nd of July by myself with a sterile needle, I had it pierced a couple of years ago and it healed up but I kinda followed the hole from then, the next night I kinda forced a 2mm acrylic taper through with some discomfort and left it in there for a couple of weeks then did the same with a 3mm and so on 1mm at a time and today moved up to an 8mm, the only pain i experience is a slight sting as i put the taper through and that goes away really quickly and I clean my ear and taper daily with salt and boiling water, I'm just kinda worried at the speed I've stretched? I'm only going to a 10mm?
Please help?
iSownd

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 pm

iSownd wrote:Hi I pierced my left ear lobe on the 2nd of July by myself with a sterile needle, I had it pierced a couple of years ago and it healed up but I kinda followed the hole from then, the next night I kinda forced a 2mm acrylic taper through with some discomfort and left it in there for a couple of weeks then did the same with a 3mm and so on 1mm at a time and today moved up to an 8mm, the only pain i experience is a slight sting as i put the taper through and that goes away really quickly and I clean my ear and taper daily with salt and boiling water, I'm just kinda worried at the speed I've stretched? I'm only going to a 10mm?
Please help?

U need to restart from the beginning 1st mistake ur piercing wasnt ready to be stretched nor was it all the way healed. 2nd never skip sizes it will cause major scare tissue build up and cause a blow out. U went from a 20g what im thinking all the way to a 12g that skipping 4 sizes. Also u need to wait at least 6-8 weeks inbetween stretches or until u feel no resistance or pain stretching all about patients
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by iSownd » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:32 pm

I haven't skipped any sizes, I went 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and no I didn't leave them in for 3 weeks each but i only felt a slight amount of pain if any when putting them in, I know that you shouldn't use acrylic or leave in tapers but everyone from around where I am does it this way and they seem fine?
iSownd

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Acrilyc is safe to stretch with not safe to wear in fresh stretches and still stretching fast is not good for ur lobes but o well i gave u my advice its up to u and just because everybody else does it the wrong way doesnt make it the right way
bradykay90

by iSownd » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 pm

But I wear acrylic? Just because it's porous.. I clean mine daily, and no doing it the same way as everyone else doesn't make it right and thankyou for your opinion but that's exactly what it is your opinion
iSownd

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:33 pm

iSownd wrote:But I wear acrylic? Just because it's porous.. I clean mine daily, and no doing it the same way as everyone else doesn't make it right and thankyou for your opinion but that's exactly what it is your opinion

Everybody on this website will agree with me so yea. And im not against acrylic ive wore it from 14g all the way to 00g without any problems but im giveing u my advice because u come to the forum because u r worried. Him if u so worried y dnt u take advice from expirence people like i said there ur ears do what u want with them but if u have a blowout im not going to give u any advice on it cuz i done gave u advice that u dnt want to follow
bradykay90

by iSownd » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Just seems maybe I didn't make myself clear enough in the first post, I didn't mean to offend you in any way? Just wanted to make it clear that I haven't skipped any sizes or experienced any major pain and I'm on an 0g so should I be worried?
iSownd

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:13 am

iSownd wrote:Just seems maybe I didn't make myself clear enough in the first post, I didn't mean to offend you in any way? Just wanted to make it clear that I haven't skipped any sizes or experienced any major pain and I'm on an 0g so should I be worried?

Thats where i come in and said 6-8 weeks stretching to fast can cause thinning and u can still easily get a blow
bradykay90

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:16 am

And if u got pierced at a standard 20g then u skipped 18,16,and 14 gauge. It always helps to now what size u was pierced at
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:09 am

You should be waiting about six months after an initial piercing to do your first stretch. It's not enough for it just to be healed, it also needs to be strong enough and loosened up enough to stretch. After that, like he said, leave about 6-8 weeks between each size or until you can put in the next size without pain or resistance.

Acrylic shouldn't be worn in fresh stretches, and neither should tapers. You can use an acrylic taper as long as you put in plugs of a different material immediately after. Get yourself a pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs or tunnels in glass, titanium, or steel in each size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to New To Stretching