Stretching up

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by davo339 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:45 am

Hello,

I have currently stretched from 10g an am at 6g right now. I have acrylic tunnels in which I have heard are not the best for having in while stretching. I am wondering when I stretch next time can I taper up to 4g and would tigers eye plugs be ok to use? Ideally I would like to use glass/gorilla glass but its not an option right now I was going to use the tapers and kind of put the plugs in right away by lining them up with the taper and pushing it all the way through with it. I am also wondering how long I should wait before going up a size? Thank in advance.

-David
davo339

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:52 am

Did you skip 8G? If so, you should probably go back to a 10G to give your ears a break and then move up slowly one size at a time. Acrylic and stone are both bad for fresh stretches; you'll need some steel, glass, or titanium jewelry in each size. A good guideline to wait between sizes is 6-8 weeks but if you feel pain or resistance, wait longer. Stretching should never hurt.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by davo339 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:58 am

Yes I did skip 8, but the piercer said it should be OK since it was just a 1.5mm stretch. It hurt quite a bit but no bleeding or anything. Right now they feel fine in fact after a day they were ok it was just the initial tapering that hurt (its been about 5 weeks now)I picked up some stone plugs for when I go up to 4 since they told me it should be OK since they are not very porous they shouldnt get full of bacteria. I am new to this so looking for all the information I can get. I paid $35 for the stone ones so if I cant use them I will have to try and take them back.
davo339

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:15 am

Just because a piercer says it doesn't mean it's correct. It's never okay to skip sizes. Honestly, most piercers don't give good advice about stretching at all. You're better off listening to experienced people on this site.

If I were you I'd downsize to 10G because if you had a lot of pain you probably tore your ear slightly. 1.5mm is a huge jump at such a small size. Most people have a hard time even doing the 8G-6G stretch so I can't imagine what 10G-6G would be like!

You can wear the stone plugs, just don't put them in right after you stretch. Wait about a week or so and don't wear them if your ears are sore/irritated at all.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:52 am

Hun i pretty much now what it is like remember i stretched fast first attepmt from 10g - 8g got an infection next attempt hurt like a bitch cause i stretched it back up 3-4 days after then about a week after i stretched to a 6g pretty much same thing it sucks but now its all good my ears look fine to me i need to post pics and see what yall thank but yea. Listen we're all experince to a certain point im glad lindsey voilentjane and cat2mouse jumped my ass. Cause guess what its a whole lot better the going thru pain. Listen to what people has to say fuck a pro. Peircer they give false info. I was told by a piercer i could stretch up 2 size "a few years ago" after i took a hot shower guess what it never worked. So i dont listen to no piercer unless they do stuff the right way. Lindsey ive never said this to u but thank u for getting it throw my thick head
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by Dowa2bp » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:17 am

davo339 wrote:Hello,

I have currently stretched from 10g an am at 6g right now. I have acrylic tunnels in which I have heard are not the best for having in while stretching. I am also wondering how long I should wait before going up a size? Thank in advance.

-David

You Know I Have The Same Thread On This Exact Topic Right?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2695 <<

Same Questions And All :D. Btw I Did The Same As You, But I Was At 10g For Almost A Year. I Skipped (which I do not recommend at all) But I Was Lucky Enough To Have Really Stretchy Ears And Had No Pain ^_^. You Should Seriously Down Size Though, You Still Felt Pain In Your Stretch Which I Didn't So Idk If You'll Have The Same Result Once You're At 4g...
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by davo339 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:31 am

cool I will read your post, I was actually at 10g for about 8 months maybe more before stretching.
davo339

by DarkCustom13 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:53 pm

When you skip sizes like that your only slowing yourself down. better just to go 1 size at a time every 4 to 6 weeks you will get to your goal alot faster and likely have less problems. Just go back to a 10 let it heal for about 6 weeks and then start over going slow!
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:41 pm

bradykay90 wrote:. Lindsey ive never said this to u but thank u for getting it throw my thick head

Haha no problem, I love it when people actually listen instead of being like "well my friend skipped 8 sizes and has perfect lobes so I'm gonna do it too!" then coming back here and saying "I got a blowout, what do I do?" I like to see people get healthy lobes. :)
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by bradykay90 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:09 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:
bradykay90 wrote:. Lindsey ive never said this to u but thank u for getting it throw my thick head

Haha no problem, I love it when people actually listen instead of being like "well my friend skipped 8 sizes and has perfect lobes so I'm gonna do it too!" then coming back here and saying "I got a blowout, what do I do?" I like to see people get healthy lobes. :)

Ur welcome
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Next

Return to New To Stretching