Start at 14 or 12G?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by chewbacca.89 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:12 am

Hey,

so, I'm brand new to stretching and have been doing alot of reading on here. I don't plan on going overly large. I'd like to get to a 4g eventually. I want to be able to have them heal back up again later.

My main question is: Can I get them pierced at 14 or 12g right away, and wear plugs for a month or two before I start my stretching process, and if so, will a 14 or 12g piercing heal up completely afterwards?

Also does it matter if I use plugs, tunnels, flare's, tapers, etc?
chewbacca.89

by bradykay90 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:27 am

Absolutly ull be fine just remember let them heal b4 stretchind and 6-8 weeks inbetween stretches just take ur time with it if a taper doesnt want to go in dont force it will cause problems alot of people says dont wear acrylic on fresh stretches cause acrylic is porios how ever u spell that. Anyways ull want e-oil or jojoba oil theres other oils u can use but idk them and some sea salt or epsum salt like i said take ur time be paitent. Ive wore acrylic from 14g all the way to 0g my 9mm tunnels is acrylic. Ive never had a problem with them but as everybody say were all different. Good luck with ur future stretches
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by ViolentJayne » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:40 pm

just make sure you wait 6 months after the initial piercing before you try and go for your first stretch .....remember they need time to not only heal from the piercing but to strengthen aswell before you try to stretch it and that takes about 6 months give or take a week each person is different but not drastically different .....so 6 months is a good safe estimation for most people .. then of course 6-8 weeks between each stretch longer if you need .. take it nice and slow ... also you can get pierced with a 10 or even an 8 ga needle which saves you alot of time in the tiny sizes ... since you have to wait the initial 6 months after the piercing anyway , Id recommend going with an 8 or ten ga that way you bypass all the small sizes ..even if you start at 14ga you would have to wait the initial 6 months then say 8 weeks to go to 12ga then another 8 weeks to 10ga then another 8 weeks to 8ga so by starting at 8ga you would be able to wear plugs right off and it would save you about 24 weeks on your stretching journey ... but keep in mind the bigger your initial piercing the less likely it is to totally close up if you decide to take them out ... it will shrink but you will probably end up with about a 14 ga hole for the rest of your life ... the likely hood of it closing totally is small ... good luck with your stretching journey and p.s. 4 ga is a great size I like it so much I havent sized up yet and not sure if I will lol
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by chewbacca.89 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm

^Violent Jane,

If I where to start at a 14g or 12g hole though, I should be able to get it to close up after right? That's why I don't want to go with an 8 or 10g piercing, because I'd like it to be able to heal again later. I'm ok with waiting longer if it means I can have my ears able to heal up again later if I wanted.
chewbacca.89

by ViolentJayne » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 pm

chewbacca.89 wrote:^Violent Jane,

If I where to start at a 14g or 12g hole though, I should be able to get it to close up after right? That's why I don't want to go with an 8 or 10g piercing, because I'd like it to be able to heal again later. I'm ok with waiting longer if it means I can have my ears able to heal up again later if I wanted.

yes at that size ......
they should close all the way , but its never a 100 % guarantee
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:34 pm

How big are you planning on going? Honestly if you stretch to a decent size and leave them in for a fairly long time they probably will shrink but it's unlikely that they'll 100% close.

And like the others said, definitely wait at least 6 months before stretching.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Dowa2bp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 am

chewbacca.89 wrote:If I where to start at a 14g or 12g hole though, I should be able to get it to close up after right? That's why I don't want to go with an 8 or 10g piercing, because I'd like it to be able to heal again later. I'm ok with waiting longer if it means I can have my ears able to heal up again later if I wanted.

10g Will Close Up Just Fine, Idk How Your Ears Are But When I Was At 10g I Took Them Out For 2 Weeks And They Almost Closed Completely. I Had To Start From 14g And Back Up ^_^. I Believe You Can Go Up To About 0g And They Should Be Able To Close, But Everyone Is Different So Whether Or Not They Will Close Fully And What Size Will Close Up At Is Not "Set-In-Stone" Guaranteed.
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by davo339 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:07 pm

You should be ok getting pierced at a 10g, I got pierced at 10 and had glass plugs put in which healed fine, then I was an idiot after about 8 months I decided to do my first stretch and jumped 2 sizes... hurt really badly however did not tear or anything I am going back down to 10 in order to do it properly now at the advice of corazon_de_oro (Lindsay I would assume since thats what she says her name is in her sig!) And while we are on the topic of tapers can somoene here answer this for me since I have read somewhere that you should not wear tapers you should use them to size up (steel or glass prefered due to acrylic not being the most steril material) but to place a decent plug in right away glass or what have you. Since if you leave a taper in and your ears are close to your head/neck like mine you could tear/do damage to the lobes while you sleep. Is this just a myth since I see people wearing tapers all the time? (I personally dont like wearing tapers anyway i find them annoying and look weird on me in general) so would I be ok putting gorilla glass plugs in right away after using the taper?
davo339

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 pm

davo339 wrote: And while we are on the topic of tapers can somoene here answer this for me since I have read somewhere that you should not wear tapers you should use them to size up (steel or glass prefered due to acrylic not being the most steril material) but to place a decent plug in right away glass or what have you. Since if you leave a taper in and your ears are close to your head/neck like mine you could tear/do damage to the lobes while you sleep. Is this just a myth since I see people wearing tapers all the time? (I personally dont like wearing tapers anyway i find them annoying and look weird on me in general) so would I be ok putting gorilla glass plugs in right away after using the taper?

People wear tapers because they don't know any better... they really shouldn't be worn in fresh stretches. It's not the worst thing you can do at tiny sizes but at large sizes they can really do some damage. Also, it's fine to use an acrylic taper as long as you're putting glass, titanium, or steel in right after. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by davo339 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

awesomeeeeee, thanks for the confirmation. time for me to order up some gorilla glass!
davo339

Next

Return to New To Stretching