Very very new

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by JoeMuniz7 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Hello Guy's and gal's ive always wanted to gauge my ears but i have been debating how i should get them peirced. is there a right or wrong way to get it done? and if so where should i start out at? Thanks -Joe
JoeMuniz7

by ViolentJayne » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:32 pm

first off , stay away from the gun .. it takes to long to heal and causes scar tissue .. the best thing is to go to a good reputable shop and get them pierced with a hallow needle ( not punched ) . alot of people on here recommend getting them done at a 10 ga or even 8 ga .. that way you dont have to worry about the tiny sizes and you can start right out with a good set of plugs ... make sure that after you get them pierced you wait at LEAST 6 MONTHS before you do your first stretch ..... you lobes need to be more than healed - they need time to strengthen the fistula before you try to stretch . after the initial 6 month healing time .. you can start stretching one size at a time - dont skip sizes , and do not rush .. take at least 4-6 weeks between each stretch ..
if it hurts or requires force then its to soon .. wait longer . your ears will loosed on their own " stretching " is kind of a misleading term because when your ears are truly ready for the next size you really dont have to stretch anything , you just slip in the next size plug and it should feel no different than changing out one pair for another pair the same size ... does that make since ?

stretching should never hurt more than a slight tugging pressure , anything more intense means your not ready - again wait longer , time is the best thing for your lobes .

stretching should never bleed , if you bleed you have ripped something and you must downsize for it to heal with as little scar tissue as possible ...

your ears should not swell or produce any liquid after a normal stretch

so basically - go to a good pro shop get pierced with a hallow needle ( size is up to you - but 10 or 8 ga is a great size to start with ) do sea salt soaks while it heals and wait 6 months before you start stretching - Good luck , and happy stretching

Go SLOW dont rush ITS NOT A RACE :)
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 pm

^ Everything she said.
I got my lobes pierced at 10G and I'm really glad I did because even though you have to wait six months after the initial piercing, getting pierced at a larger gauge saves time in the long run. Also, I could wear plugs while I was waiting to stretch. If you don't want to do that, I would at least go for 14G because you'll have the easiest time finding jewelry at that size and that's the size tapers and plugs usually start at. And like she said, never get anything pierced with a gun. Make sure you find a good, experienced piercer; don't just go to the cheapest or closest place.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching