Didn't wait long enough to start stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by jake939 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:54 am

A week and a half ago i pierced my left ear, and i did my right ear...well i'd rather not say so i dont look any stupider haha. but today i (stupidly) decided to put in my 14g tapers. The left one slid right in suprisingly, and the right one after some work is finally in. They are in there fine now but i know this was a stupid thing to do and was wondering what im risking by leaving them in? im obviously going to wait a while before i go to the next size but would i be fine to leave these in?
jake939

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:50 am

Well, honestly you should wait about 6 months before stretching an earlobe piercing so you really were WAY too early. It would still be a good idea to downsize... butterfly-back studs aren't very good for your ears so maybe get some 18G labret studs made of a good quality metal, let them heal, and then stretch. By going straight to 14G you skipped a couple sizes (assuming you started at 20-18G) so next time at least go to 16G first.
Also, if you're wearing tapers that could be pretty harmful to your ears; they get knocked around easily, especially when you sleep, and can put pressure on your lobes. And if they're acrylic they're really not good for a fresh piercing.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:53 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:Well, honestly you should wait about 6 months before stretching an earlobe piercing so you really were WAY too early.

+1

If you wanted to start stretching, why didn't you just go to a professional piercer and get pierced at a larger gauge?
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:44 pm

^ Agreed... I'm really glad I got pierced at 10G; that way the wait to stretch didn't seem as long because I was already wearing plugs and pretty hanging designs. Of course they were very tiny plugs, but still plugs!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by jake939 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:43 pm

i actually think i pierced my ear bigger than normal because when i compared the needle to my 14g tapers they were VERY close. They're feeling fine now im just hoping that doesn't change
jake939

by brutalSKITTLES » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Its bad for your ears to do that. But i did the same thing and my ears didnt fall off, so just take your time wait around 6weeks between stretches and you should be fine. Happy stretching:]
brutalSKITTLES

by leighmarie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:52 am

I was pierced at 1.2mm, but it was when I was 18 months old and I didn't start stretching until I was 19 so my lobes were nice and healed, lol :)

I think because I didn't get my lobes pierced specifically to stretch them that it's helped me to be more patient about waiting times.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by jake939 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:43 pm

one of my ears is really swolen, but its completly pain free like i can even twist the taper around easily is that fine?
jake939

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:55 pm

It sounds like you need to downsize... swelling is always a good indication that something isn't right. And you shouldn't be twisting the tapers... or wearing them at all, actually.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Nic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:18 pm

hahah bro i think ur fine if its just swelling, inspect the holes for tiny tears tho cuz swelling could be a sign of sumthing else. I only waited a month before stretching mine from safety pins. I got an infection (of course) then my friend jammed sum 16g posts in (i bled of course) I was being retarded lol Then i waited a week then i put in 14g. It sounds like ur fine tho, as long as there is no bleeding. Do ur ears a favor tho and wait a bit before stretching again xD
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

Next