Is it okay to wear o-rings without jewelry (I'm new)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Digitalchico » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:11 am

Hey guys I'm new to the world of gauges :lol: and this website aswell, anyway I know the basics about gauges, I have 16g earlobes and I'm going to be stretching to a 14g the tapers come with o rings and as I know thus far the o rings are used as a ''cover'' for the actual jewelry BUT I don't want to spend on too much jewelry for a size that I'm not going to have weeks later. Bottom line is, is it okay to just leave in the o-rings in throughout the entire healing proccess? do they fall off easily? is it dangerous?
Digitalchico

by davidjpeacock » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you mean correctly; can you please clarify?

The o-rings are simply to keep jewelry in place; I'm not sure how you can wear them without jewelry.
davidjpeacock

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda confused too. Do you mean just put the o-rings in your piercings? That wouldn't work... o-rings are just little rubber bands designed to go on the outside of jewelry. Even if they could be worn, the outside diameter isn't even close to the gauge of jewelry they fit.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Digitalchico » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Yeah that's what I meant (If I could jsut wear the rubber thingy alone) I thought it was strong enough to hold the ear by itself. You guys pretty much answred my question so thank you!
Digitalchico

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Digitalchico wrote:Yeah that's what I meant (If I could jsut wear the rubber thingy alone) I thought it was strong enough to hold the ear by itself. You guys pretty much answred my question so thank you!

once you heal at a size for a few weeks you can wear ear skins http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=2980

that would get you the look you want . they come in all colors including black
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to New To Stretching