Just need a little advise. I'm a beginner.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Charleynoodle. » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm 15, Just started stretching my ear. I've got a 1.6 in my right ear at the moment and in about 10 days i'm going to put the next size in and put the 1.6 in my left ear... How long will it take to get to a 0gauge?
Is there any tips for me? Shall i skip a size? Where can i get a size chart from? :?
Charleynoodle.

by Nic » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Gauge chart= bodyartforms.com/help_MeasurementGuide.asp

Thanks for saying stretching not gauging lol
ummm u dont want to skip any sizes and personally i would wait a good 2-3 weeks between each stretch, Next if the taper wont go through ur ear, dont force it!!!!!!! This is important, just listen to ur body an u will be fine an have beautiful ears =D. U might also want to start doing sum jojoba oil massages. If u are going to buy jewelry i suggest online, Bodyartforms has tons of amazing jewelry nice and cheap and the shipping is really fast. It should take u about 5-6 months to stretch to 0g maybe more if u are really careful.
good luck an happy stretching =D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by magalo le matelot » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Like Nic had said, the golden rule in stretching is listening to your body... No matter the ''recommended'' times before each stretch, listen to what your body say: if your ear bleed, are sore a long time, if it hurt too much, just stop and wait a longer time.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:55 am

It's a good idea to wait 6-8 weeks between stretches, but the main goal is to wait until there's no pain or resistance. With stretching, it's important that your lobes have enough time to get strong enough to stretch again and loose enough to accomodate the next size between stretches.
You should never skip any sizes. And just a piece of advice if you're going to 0G: getting some 1G jewelry is a really good idea because 2G to 0G is really too big of a jump. You can get it from bodyartforms.com as Nic suggested.

Just remember, you're going to have those ears forever; patience and listening to your body are your friends!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Why do you say that 2g to 0g is a big jump ? Its 2 mm like all the other size after.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Because the 7/9/11/13mm, ect, sizes are available.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Yep... You really should go 1mm at a time even after that, but 2G is still pretty small so 2mm is a pretty big difference. Take a look at a size chart sometime and look at the difference between 2G and 0G as opposed to 4G and 6G, for example. I've been at 2G for about a month now and there's no way, even if I waited like 6 months, that I could put a 0G taper/plug through my ears without damage.
A lot of people say they have trouble with their 2G-0G stretch, and that's why.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Yeah, tonnes of people have asked me how I stretched from 6mm - 8mm and when I say, "Try 7mm in between" they bang on about how pointless it is.
So I'm thinking, "If you can't make the jump, then why slag off someone who's given you a pretty sensible solution?"

Does my head in! :roll:
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

Return to New To Stretching