Advice please:) Stretching in the winter..

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by natalie1605 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:15 am

I am going to be stretching soon, and I have heard that it's not so easy to stretch in winter. (It's winter where I live). 1- why is that so? and 2- how can I make it easier to stretch in winter?
18g helix
16g labret
8g lobes
16g septum
natalie1605

by AceWitThaLobes » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:59 pm

i travel alot and when im in cold climates i get VERY dry skin. And thats bad time for stretching b/c your skin is not in peak condition and could split or crack during the stretch.
The best thing i know to do, is get whatever product that keeps your skin the moistest and in the best shape (emu oil is great, shea butter, some ppl use vit-e, jojoba oil...but id do some reading abt tht b4 i used it) and use it like there is no tomorrow. I wear beanies in the winter and flip my ear lobes into the hat to keep them warm and out of the wind (which REALLY dries skin out).
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by buffalodustin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:39 pm

This past winter I got my lobes from 10g up to a 00g and stretched a few more holes as well...stretch them after aa hot shower and keep them moist all day and you'll be fine...I have always used neosporin and it's worked like a charmm but I know that's controversial...as lomg as you go slow there should be no issue
Left- lobe-1"
Cartilage-00g and 6g
Industrial
Right- lobe- 1"
Cartilage- 0g
Snakebites, tongue, wrist
buffalodustin

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:06 pm

You shouldn't have too many problems as long as you care for your lobes. The biggest issues with cold weather are dry skin and that your skin stays tighter in cold temperatures. Just do oil massages every day and try to stay away from materials that could dry out your ears, like silicone. A lot of people with larger stretches say their lobes get really cold if they wear metal, too. I almost always wear glass in my lobes and have never had problems in the winter.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by natalie1605 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Thanks for the helpful replies :)
18g helix
16g labret
8g lobes
16g septum
natalie1605

by rossb » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:02 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:You shouldn't have too many problems as long as you care for your lobes. The biggest issues with cold weather are dry skin and that your skin stays tighter in cold temperatures. Just do oil massages every day and try to stay away from materials that could dry out your ears, like silicone. A lot of people with larger stretches say their lobes get really cold if they wear metal, too. I almost always wear glass in my lobes and have never had problems in the winter.

Your favourite material must be an organic one... May I ask which is your most used in the winter?
rossb

Return to New To Stretching