Really irritated..

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Juulian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:02 am

I bought a pair of"00" gauges and some "00" tunnels from eargauges.com The "00" gauges fit fine but my tunnels are a different situation..They won't fit, their to big I was wondering is there some trick to put them in Because I don't really use tunnels and I was really exited when ordering these tunnels.
Juulian

by brutalSKITTLES » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 am

Can you show a pic of the tunnels?
brutalSKITTLES

by Juulian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:02 am

There these kinds

http://www.eargauges.net/bone-plugs/buf ... nnels.html

any idea why it could be? Maybe I got the wrong size?
Juulian

by brutalSKITTLES » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:22 am

hmm, well im on moble and for some reason i cant load that site:/ but i can ask questions. So what type of flare do they have , double , single or none? &there made of bone/horn right? Those matereals are known to exspand in heat, so that may be the problem. Or it may be that they acidently sent the wrong size, you might wanna measure it to make shure.:]
brutalSKITTLES

by Juulian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:47 am

I'm not 100% sure about the flares, but Im pretty sure there double flared they don't have O ring to hold them, does that mean I hav to but the next size up from a "00" just to fit the buffalo ones in?
Juulian

by brutalSKITTLES » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:11 am

Well if their double flairs then theyll be a little tricky to put in, if you hav just streched to 00g then it will be realy hard, itd be best to wait 2-3 weeks. The way to put in double flairs is put part of the flair in your lobe then push down and just kinda work your lobe around the rest of the flair. You shouldnt have to go up to 7/16 just to get them in.
brutalSKITTLES

by leighmarie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:29 am

I've only tried double flared once, and I couldn't really get the hang of it. :/

The problem with double flared is that it's the smaller center section that's your gauge, and the outside is larger which is what causes most people trouble.

I personally wouldn't recommend them for a fresh stretch because of that, you don't want to accidentally damage your lobe.

I read somewhere that the best way to insert them is "like a button". Tilt it and put in one side first, then the rest. I've not tried it myself though. :)

PS. "gauge" isn't the name of the jewellery, it's a term of measurement. They're tunnels, not gauges. :P
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Juulian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:09 pm

This really helped thanks guy's yeah, ill have to wait a couple weeks to let my ear heal then ill try it again.
Juulian

by joexxx » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:21 pm

yes double flares get frustrating because the flares are bigger. The flares are what keep the plug in so that "O" rings dont have to be used. I used teflon tape to stretch my ears just a tad more.. and then my double flares fit in just nice.
joexxx

by magalo le matelot » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:36 pm

I LOVE doubleflares, they look nicer than those o-ring (i think they're ugly) and when your lobes are healed, they're pretty easy to get in.

After maybe a month, you should be able to put them in. But if you are not able to do it, stretch to the next size, let it heal, then put the double flar ine. You ear will downsize to your previous size (the size of the plug), and it will be much more stretchy.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

Return to New To Stretching