i have a question about taking out a new peircing.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by joshfifoot » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:03 pm

i wanted to get plugs for awhile. finally got them 4 days ago. i had a look at the guages and decided i wanted to work towards a 00 guage. he told be the biggest i could start with was a 4 guage so i got it done. i got my salt water spray and was keepin them clean but i wasnt sure if i heard him right about it i can take them out or how long i am suppose to leave then in before i can ake them out. and this was my first peircing ever.
joshfifoot

by vdub » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:04 am

You got your ears pierced at 4 gauge? Nice. If so, I'd wait at least 6 weeks before taking them out. I got mine pierced at 14g and didn't take them out until 3 weeks later. The difference here is your piercing is huge, so take extra care.
vdub

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:05 am

By "take them out" do you just mean to change the jewelry? If so, probably about 2-3 months, or just until they stop getting crusty and sore.
I got pierced at 10G... I know that's quite a bit smaller... but I changed them after 4 weeks because I needed better jewelry for healing. I think they took about three months to heal, but I'm a pretty slow healer. Really, a 4G piercing isn't going to take much longer to heal than a smaller one.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by HateJustin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:48 pm

to be honest, you could probably start streching it in a week or so.
But, only go up to a 2g and keep that in for a couple of weeks.
That's what I did, and it's been fine.
fall to your knees

7/8th lobes
smiley
left nip
HateJustin

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:32 am

Are you kidding? Stretching a 4G piercing after a week and a half?
The ideal amount of time to wait after a fresh piercing is six months... some people can at four months but I wasn't ready until almost six. Stretching a piercing isn't as much about it just being healed as it is about it being fully healed AND strong enough to accomodate the next size. That just doesn't happen in a week.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Tom » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:00 pm

HateJustin wrote:to be honest, you could probably start streching it in a week or so.

What ever you do... Dont start stretching this soon!.. Your ears need time to heal.. Carazon & Vdub have good info
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

Return to New To Stretching