I might of streched too fast?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by HateJustin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:01 pm

About 3 weeks ago i pierced my ear with a safety pin and kept it in for a week. A week after i put an agenda spiral in and kept it in for a week. Then a week after that I put a 6g in and the next day i pushed a 4g through. I let that chill in my ear for about 4 days and now I'm at a 2g. Wheni take my gauge out i can't see through the hole, it's just a barrier of blood but, it doesn't hurt that bad at all.
fall to your knees

7/8th lobes
smiley
left nip
HateJustin

by magalo le matelot » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Even me (I stretched my ears really fast) I think that you stretched too fast.
You can stretch faster than other people but if it bleed that's because your ears werent ready. You should wait at least 1-2 month to let them heal, than begin stretching slowly. Usually, people say that you should wait at least 4-6 weeks between each stretch.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:37 am

You definitely stretched way too fast and didn't wait NEARLY long enough after your piercing to start stretching.
After a piercing (it was a horrible idea for you to do it with a safety pin but I guess that's already been done) you really should wait AT LEAST 4 months before stretching. 6 months is ideal, though. People will probably say I'm being overly cautious, but think of it this way... when you stretch your ears, you need to wait for the piercing to heal AND to be loose enough to accomodate the larger jewelry. Plus the fistula (piercing hole) can still be weak for a while even after it heals.
You should also wait 6-8+ weeks between every size and don't skip ANY sizes!! Even the small onesl Many people don't want to wait that long but really, if you want healthy lobes it's the best thing you can do.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Narci » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Wow did you ever over do it.

You stretched WAY too fast.

You need to wait for the stretch to heal (at least 4 weeks) and you cannot skip sizes.

Also if a stretch ever bleeds of feels painful you have over done it and need to downsize and then wait.

It sounds like you need to go back down to a 4g or a 6g and wait for it to heal.

I would suggest sea salt soaks and chamomile compresses.
~Narci~
Narci

by Uraniumhobo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:32 pm

hel id probably go down to a 8g, baby it with sea salt soaks, after its fully healed do olive oil, vitamin E oil massages for another couple months so soften any built up scar tissue, and then stretch very slowly, waiting 1-2 months in between sizes for a while, and use the tape wrap method as soon as possible, i never used tapers past 8g
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

by HateJustin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:03 pm

i ended up just staying at 2g for about 3 weeks.
since then i've got my right ear up to 00g and my left ear is at 7/16, which i've had in for about 2 weeks.
i'm pretty sure they are both healing pretty well, i don't plan on going any bigger for about a month, although, i do lay a new piece of tape on my left plug every other day.
fall to your knees

7/8th lobes
smiley
left nip
HateJustin

by Hardware » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:15 pm

HateJustin wrote:i ended up just staying at 2g for about 3 weeks.
since then i've got my right ear up to 00g and my left ear is at 7/16, which i've had in for about 2 weeks.
i'm pretty sure they are both healing pretty well, i don't plan on going any bigger for about a month, although, i do lay a new piece of tape on my left plug every other day.

Let. Your. Ears. Heal. NOW!!!
Just curious, are looking for advice or just documenting what you are doing?
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by HateJustin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:36 pm

originally, i was looking for advice. i ended up going on a long vacation, which prevented me from logging in, so i took matters into my own hands but, i could honestly use all the advice you can give me. i want nice, healthy looking lobes.
and thanks, i will chill on the stretching for a month or so.
fall to your knees

7/8th lobes
smiley
left nip
HateJustin

by Hardware » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Okay, if you want nice and healthy earlobes I have to tell you that you are off to a wicked bad start. Healthy earlobes do not look like a barrier of blood when you take the jewelry out. What you did would make most people here (myself included) wince and possibly make a few of us want to go into cardiac arrest.

If I were you I would downsize dramatically, submerge your earlobes in *sea salt soaks for 5 minutes 2-3 times a day until the blood clots are gone And the inside of the piercing looks like normal (healed) skin tissue. Once the skin is COMPLETELY HEALED, use Vitamin E oil and Massage it into and around the earlobe, this will help relax the scar tissue.

Put stretching out of your mind for quite a while (4-6 months I would estimate), you dramatically shocked your body and it needs time to heal. Earlobe stretching requires patience and I want you to keep in mind that it's not a race, everyone heals at a different pace. I know many popular band members have large earlobes right now and a lot of people want to look like them, but to achieve that takes time and patience.

Also, could you please post a picture of what your earlobes currently looks like. I would like to see views from the front and the back Without the jewelry in. Please.

**Non-iodized sea salt mixture: Dissolve 1/8 to 1/4 Teaspoon of non-iodized (iodine free) sea salt into 1 cup (8oz) of warm distilled or bottled water.
Keep in mind that a stronger mixture is not better! A mixture that is too strong can irritate your earlobe.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 am

So let me go back and add this up.. you pierced your own ears with safety pins in
May, so that's about two months ago or less. You started stretching almost immediately and got to 7/16" in a little over a month. What you did in a month was what you should've taken about a year and a half to two years to do. And that doesn't even count the six months you should've given the fresh piercings to heal/settle in before you started stretching.
Were you serious when you said you want healthy lobes? Because there is no way you're going to get them. Downsize DRASTICALLY and be patient.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to New To Stretching