Taping advice?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by DumSpiroSpero » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Well, after about a month and a half of being at 2 I started taping my way up to the next size. One layer every 5-7 days. The most recent time that I went to tape I noticed that there was a very small fleshy lump right above the fistula. I'm a little worried that it may be a very small blow out, perhaps? I thought it was weird though, because it seems like when most people blow out it is in the back (mine being in the front), and I don't think I'm stretching too fast. Going at a steady pace and have never had any pain or forced the plug in. Anyway, I'm putting my stretching on a hiatus, until it clears up and I get some opinions on it. What do you all think?
DumSpiroSpero

by keytondaniels » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:35 am

What kind of tape are you using?
You need to be using something with a non-stick (non-adhesive) tape.
Such as bondage tape or PFTE tape. If you are using anything else it is toxic and terrible for your ears and I would suggest downsizing immediatly if this is the case.
If not that keep it on hiatus and be sure to do at least 2 sea salt soaks a day and massage your lobes with jojoba, coconut, or vitamin e oil like 5 times a day.
keytondaniels

by DumSpiroSpero » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Yeah, I've been using the PFTE. I'm pretty safe about stretching, so I'm pretty surprised!
Thanks for the oil advice. I typically always use my jajoba once a day in the shower, but I'll be sure to be more active with it. I already downsized back to a 2g. Thinking that maybe even 4g just to be safe.

Thanks for the reply!
DumSpiroSpero

Return to New To Stretching