10g to 8g, had some minor problems and need advice

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by crystallove » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 am

Hey so I've had 10G for about over a year now, and 2-3 days ago I decided to stretch to an 8G with a taper and they didn't quite go through...I left them in sort of halfway and was going to gradually push them through until I could get them to go all the way with ease. I told a friend of mine who already has 2G and she recommened that I should just push them through, I did and it was kind of painful and my lobes were sore up until now that I came across this forum. After reading through the posts I decided to take out the tapers and my lobes started bleeding...my left was alot more, my right wasn't so bad. Now I just finished massaging vitamin E oil and I put back in my 8G...

So I'm wondering what to do next? Should I wait some time for my lobes to heal and then try stretching again? If so, about how long? Also, if there's anything you guys think I should know about the stretching process that could help for next time that'd be really great :)

Sorry for writing so much XD I want to stretch my lobes, but I don't want to mess them up either haha

Thanks so much!
-Sharon
crystallove

by leighmarie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am

Generally you're supposed to leave at least 6 weeks between sizes. And as far as I know Vitamin E oil isn't suitable for fresh stretches, but you might wanna look it up and check.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Yeah, oil massages really aren't good for new stretches, especially if they're sore. I'd wait a couple weeks if I were you. If they're sore now you can try sea salt soaks.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by crystallove » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh whoops haha, so I should just do sea salt soaks for now and after about 6 weeks I could start stretching again?

Also, with the stretching process...is the taper suppose to go straight through on the first try? or is it okay to gradually make it go through? (if that made any sense >_<)

Thanks!
crystallove

by xxrastalovexx » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:37 am

This same thing had happened to me, and I am at my 8g now. It bled only for a little while though in my left ear... after the pain went away I was able to get it in successfully. And I dont believe the oil was very good for thatt..
xxrastalovexx

Return to New To Stretching