have i gone 2 far

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by slim_corrado » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:57 pm

hello all, just got my ears stretched to 10mm last night, women told me it was totally fine and has plenty of experience in piercing so she talked me into getting my ears done. both my ears were pierced and she used tubes to stretch them up to 10mm, i have a bit of swelling and im cleaning them with salt water quite regular, my question is, have i done the right thing or should i take them out straight away, and will they ever return to normal if i ever decide to take them out in the future
slim_corrado

by Aurasoulful » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:07 am

What gauge were you pierced at, before she stretched?
Aurasoulful

by slim_corrado » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 pm

i had 1 pierced b4 but it closed and she pierced them with a needle and then started stepping up with tubes then! is that save or should i take the out, ears feel ok, still a wee bit swelled and im just putting salt water on them
slim_corrado

by ViolentJayne » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:42 pm

I would take them out let them heal and restart one size at a time , the woman who did that to you was very wrong . you can be pierced at a 8 and " use the tubes " to stretch right to 6 but that is the MAX you should ever do at once . going directly to 10 mm is just asking for horrible scar tissue . If you take them out now you have a chance of them closing up . but if you let them heal at 10mm having stretched the way you did - it will not shrink up - the reason is scar tissue .and it will make it very very difficult to go beyond 10 mm if you decide you wanna go bigger in the future

best bet is to take them out - let them heal -for at least 6 - 8 months - then get them re pierced ( you can get it pierced any where from 14 ga to 10 or 8 ga BUT NO LARGER ! - then after the initial piercing wait another 6 months for them to totally heal ( regardless of how they feel even if the "feel " fine just be patient and wait ) then start stretching 1 size at a time allowing 6-8 weeks minimum for each size to heal ( you may need to wait even longer between stretches cause of your scar tissue .

now while you are waiting for this " traumatic stretch gone wrong " to heal make sure you still massage your lobe twice a day with vit e oil ( or oil of your choice ) to help reduce the scar build up

Unfortunately - the woman who stretched you to 10 mm actually set you back on your stretching journey at least 12 - 15 months

lesson is there is no quick way to stretch and have good results

stretching takes patience and time

good luck on your healing and happy stretching in the suture

p.s.Unfortunately experienced piercers rarely have much experience with stretching

its best to stretch your own lobes because only you can tell if there is pain or resistance -and there should be no pain or resistance - stretching the right way does not hurt , swell, or bleed
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by saply » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 pm

That woman should be fired. Was she high or just stupid?
saply

Return to New To Stretching