A bit of advice please?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Z_of_Mayhem » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:02 am

So yesterday night I put in these:
My ears are a bit sore cause I rushed it a bit and I was wondering if I should take them out to clean them or anything. What should I do?
Z_of_Mayhem

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:31 am

Well... you should never skip sizes, stretching should never hurt, and pinchers (especially acrylic) really aren't good for fresh stretches. So my best advice would be to take them out and start over. But if you really want to keep them, get a pair of single-flare plugs or some barbells/labrets in your size and let them heal for a few months. Treat them like new piercings. Sea salt soaks are good aftercare (mix no more than 1/4 teaspoon sea salt in one cup hot water, soak for 5-10 minutes). You can do that daily or just when they're irritated. In the future, go up one size at a time and remember that pinchers/tapers aren't meant to be used for long-term jewelry. You should always follow your stretching tool with plugs or labrets/barbells.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Z_of_Mayhem » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:18 am

Thank you very much for the advice! I have completely learned my lesson xP
Z_of_Mayhem

Return to New To Stretching