Why wont my ears stretch?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Macaroni » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:36 am

I have always been envious of the stretched ear look. I got my ears pierced in June-July, about 7-8 months ago. I put in a 16g pincher in October. For Christmas I got a taper kit 14g-0g along with stretching jojoba oil. I put in a 14g taper but now, 3 months later a 12g taper still wont go all the way through without hurting. I massage my ears with the oil and take a hot shower before trying to stretch up but my ears still hurt. When I originally got my ears pierced, it look the piercing gun a couple of tries to fully get through my ear so I assume I have really hard and thick earlobes. Is there any advice or directions anyone could give me to stretch my pain in the ass earlobes? :(
Macaroni

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:24 am

Well, piercing guns are horrible tools that cause way more trauma than necessary so you might have some scar tissue from that. Also, you did your first stretch a little too early so your lobes might still be recovering from that. Just leave them at the 14G for a while and keep trying 12G every now and then... it'll go in eventually. Everyone has certain stretches that are difficult.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by EasternTiger » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:56 am

I had my ears pierced by my mom with what i THINK might have been a 16g needle xD like you one of my ears, my right one, took a few tries apparently to get it to go threw right, I still have problems stretching that ear even though they were pierced more then 10 years ago and i only just started stretching a few months ago. :p
You might just have fussy lobes like mine. Just take it slow, they might not be completely healed, even if they stopped hurting.
8/00
EasternTiger

Return to New To Stretching