What should I do?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by EasternTiger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 am

Ok first of all, I'm new to stretching. Something Iv always wanted to do, but only recently actually decided to really do. I'm only at a 14g at the moment and it will probably stay that way for a while, since I plan on ordering all of my jewelry online, since the only place that sells it in my area is Hot Topic, and unless I suddenly decide to like straight tapers (not happening) their selection is pitiful, not going to even mention prices, but I'm sure you all are aware of those. xD

So ANYWAY my problem. Some day, in the not so near future I would like to have double stretched ears. But iv only ever bothered having my ears pierced once, piercings just never really held much of an interest for me, they still dont besides stretching, I'm more into tattoos.

Originally I thought 00 would be my final main size, but recently Iv thought I might just like to get a bit bigger, and Id like my second stretch to be maybe half of whatever i settle on. gosh I talk so much

so when should I get my second piercing? should I wait to get closer to my destination size or does it even matter? its been so long since iv had my first done that I dont even remember how long it takes for pierced ears to properly heal xD.
8/00
EasternTiger

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:27 am

Ideally a new piercing should be left alone for at least six months before doing your first stretch. Also, make sure you go to a proper piercing shop who will use a needle and not a gun. They can even pierce you at a larger gauge like 10G-6G to give you a little head start. That way you can go ahead and wear plugs before you actually begin stretching. :)

If you stretch slowly and carefully it should never cause any open wounds that need healing so new piercings really won't interfere with them too much. Just talk to your piercer about your stretching plans so they can figure out the best placement and size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ThirtyFourSeconds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 pm

I think you can get your second ear pierced anytime (if is not, if it is more than six months pierced then you can go stretching like corazon_de_ouro said), Otherwise, gettin closer to you destination size doesn't matter.
ThirtyFourSeconds

Return to New To Stretching